Kid Rock to Play at Bush's Inauguration

kidrock.jpgKid Rock's Bush inauguration concert upsetting conservative Christians

UPI News Service, 01/07/2005

Conservative Christians are upset rapper Kid Rock has been asked to do a youth concert as part of President Bush's inaugural festivities.

"What in the world are these people thinking?" asked Donald Wildmon, chairman of the American Family Association in Tupelo, Miss. "This is the biggest slap in the face to the Christian conservatives."

Kid Rock reportedly will perform during "America Rocks Today: A Call to Service," a multimedia concert, the New York Daily News said. Bush's daughter Barbara is the event's co-managing director.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articl...y.php?s=1001041

Later this afternoon, committee staff emphasized that Kid Rock was never officially booked to appear, arguing that he therefore could not have been canceled.

Liars :reallymad:

Well, they avoided that train wreck now didn't they?

Can't say I’m surprised....

It was going to be everything "conservatives" hate

*drug use

*sexual referencing

*rap music

* rock music that is just too loud and scary

*a scruffy looking guy with long hair

*midgets

*Kid Rock had an album called "Devil Without A Cause". Yeah, the religious extremist conservatives would have loved that.

* He was involved with Pamela Anderson, “that crazy PETA bitch” as Dick Cheney puts it.

No way in hell were they going to coexist.

Conservative Christians are upset rapper Kid Rock has been asked to do a youth concert as part of President Bush's inaugural festivities.

i was hoping to write YAY and something like 'hypocrites' and then curse them all out. but now i can't. :(

i was hoping to write YAY and something like 'hypocrites' and then curse them all out. but now i can't. :(

Continue reading after the first story in thsi thread, SG, and you will get your wish :lol:

Sure you can! It is politics. In politics you can say anything whether or not it has any truth to it. Chances are if what you say is bad.....it's true anyway especially if the word you use is "hypocrite". A prerequisite for being in politics is being a hypocrite. :lol:

Besides you can always change your mind. Flip-flopping is allowed. :bigsmile:

Now whenever I think of the term "flip-flop", I feel like taking a steel rod to someone's skull.

I am forever scarred by that phrase. It just sounds............annoying now.

Suffice it to say I'm not going to the beach ever again.

Continue reading after the first story in thsi thread, SG, and you will get your wish :lol:

i did but don't know what you're talking about. but thass cool, Dude, i don't know what ANYone's talking about, ever.

slum_goddess @ Jan 14 2005, 01:35 AM)

i was hoping to write YAY and something like 'hypocrites' and then curse them all out. but now i can't.

Kid Rock was taken off the bill due to the Christian conservative outrage

QUOTE (slum_goddess @ Jan 15 2005, 04:30 AM)

i did but don't know what you're talking about. but thass cool, Dude, i don't know what ANYone's talking about, ever.

That is common among Kerry supporters. :bigsmile:

We probably hid the weapons of mass destruction, too :lol:

Damn double postin', Kerry votin', Mac totin' sombitch! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: hey, just because you recently discovered how to make italics doesn't mean you can't also learn how to doublepost. :lol: the Mac's another story (i'll just have to sit you down somewhere for a few minutes while you drool away in envy).

very nice--we've moved from flip-floppers to kerry voters to Mac-people. :lol:

btw, you should know i HATED kerry and still do but voted for him in an 'anyone but the asswipe preznit' kind o' way.