George Carlin goes to ReHab!

Meehowski

Entertainer George Carlin said Monday he is going into rehab because he has an alcohol and drug problem.

In a statement, Carlin, 67, said, "I'm going into rehab because I use too much wine and Vicodin. No one told me I needed this; I recognized the problem and took the step myself.

"My levels of use are nowhere near the worst you hear about these days; I could easily have continued functioning at a good level ... for awhile. But my use would have progressed, I would have been in deeper trouble, and I didn't want to tolerate that. I've never been in rehab before and I know it isn't easy, but I'm highly motivated, and will do what ever's needed.

"When I get out, I will take a little time for myself before resuming my schedule," the comedian added.

Carlin's current book, "When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?", is currently on best-seller lists.

Vicodin is a pain killer that is potentially habit forming.

Carlin's statement did not say where he go into rehab or when.

Three weeks ago, he ended a four-year run at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada, with a "dark set," in the words of the New York Post's "Page Six" column, and told his audience, "People who go to Las Vegas, you've got to question their [bleeping] intellect," according to a report in the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

He is scheduled to appear in a show at Las Vegas' Stardust Hotel in February.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/books/12/2...rlin/index.html

R.E.H.A.B. by Alabama 3

Hey, hey, I went down to N.A.

Business was a-bouncing like back in the day

Hypocrites hiding habits all over town

Popstars gushing 'bout the faith they’ve found

Left me so cold, I walked out in the rain

Waited all day for that midnight train

Been so long, I've been feeling so blind

I'm gonna blow away the blues tonight

CHORUS

R, is for recovering in mah sumptuous retreat on the hill

E, is how I enable you to cure all your ills

H, is for the hurt and heartache that I’m gonna help you lose

A, assessment successful

B, goodbye to the blues

With his level of suppossed confidence and from the tone of his quotes, I'm surprised he doesn't have the willpower to just kick it himself.

I suppose the Vicodins got a hold of Favre too, and he did the voluntary rehab as well...

Good luck Carlin!

I hope he is well..............

With his level of suppossed confidence and from the tone of his quotes, I'm surprised he doesn't have the willpower to just kick it himself.

I suppose the Vicodins got a hold of Favre too, and he did the voluntary rehab as well...

Good luck Carlin!

Will power and confidence are fine. But when trying to fight any kind of addiction, it's not enough.

Will power and confidence are fine. But when trying to fight any kind of addiction, it's not enough.

i know. (look at meeeeeeee and the state that i'm in! hee heee) :)

OT: wait a second...i just noticed down to the left of the quote box: 'You may edit the post you are quoting here'

hmmpf...being a virtuous person (as well as a skilled editor, in real life) i would NEVER edit someone's post to change the meaning (just take out the shit that i'm not talking about).

message to DUDE: don't take it so literally!

(see Redneck? don't tell me i've never done stuff for you) :lol:

hmmpf...being a virtuous person (as well as a skilled editor, in real life) i would NEVER edit someone's post to change the meaning (just take out the shit that i'm not talking about).

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i know. (look at meeeeeeee and the state that i'm in! hee heee) :)

OT: wait a second...i just noticed down to the left of the quote box: 'You may edit the post you are quoting here'

Dude needs some help. When he isn't standing on the E N T E R button, he is sitting on the E D I T button.

Then he stands on the E N T E R button again. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: we should 'fix' Dude's keyboard so he has a toesucker button, to kind of distract him from the 'enter' button.