Dolly Parton

Dolly Parton came to the Toyota Center in Houston, Tx on 12/5/04....

Opening was The Grascals, a bluegrass band, they played with Dolly too. They did okay, I'm not really into bluegrass. Although I do own a bluegrass cd....only because it is the music of the Moody Blues, done bluegrass style.

I didn't get to see Dolly backstage. I came in at 7am (because I don't need sleep! :rolleyes: ) but I got cut at 3pm. She didn't use a dressing room. Dolly likes to stay on her bus to chill, eat, change and whatnot. I ended up being the upper concourse rover, man it can get spooky up there with hardly any lights on and no-one else up there. I could have slept and no one would have known it!!

By the way, I am writing this as I "work" (because I am THAT bored!) besides, whos going to know?!!

Dolly takes the stage at 8:25pm. I won't list any songs, because I don't know any, except 9 to 5 and the one she did with Kenny Rogers....oh what the hay, here goes...HELLO DOLLY, TWO FLOORS DOWN, part of 9 TO 5, medly of JOLEEN, LOOKIN LIKE THAT, and with just her on piano and some keyboards GRASS IS BLUE, and then BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE (a song she did with Rod Stewart awhile back),SHINE (by Collective Soul), SMOKEY MOUNTIAN MEMORIES (I liked that one),THANK GOD I'M A COUNTRY GIRL, BLUE SMOKE (new one), ME AND BOBBY MCGEE,VIVA LAS VEGAS, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU and she ended with HELLO GOD.

She also did a version of John Lennon's IMAGINE, which was not as good as the original, but done country stlye, it sounded okay I guess. It will be on her new cd.

And that is about it for the Dolly Parton show. I thought she did a good job and I am not a fan of hers.....

Wifey wants to go to her show when it is in Dallas. We may have missed it already. I tried to get her to go with one of her friends since I didn't want to go especially. I guess I need to see what the deal is on that. I may be in the dog house again. Around here it is hard to tell when I'm in the dog house and when I'm not. :)

I came in at 7am (because I don't need sleep!  :rolleyes: )

:lol:

Good write-up though.

You know, whiile I don't consider myself a Dolly Parton fan I know all of those songs and don't mind any of them. :blink: Maybe I am a fan.

[vent]

Glad to see she performed "I will always love you". It's been a pet peeve for years that people don't know it was originally her song, or that she too used it as the finale piece to her own movie "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas".

[/vent]