Scorpions/Tesla..

moodyblue

I went to the Scorpions and Tesla concert at Houston's Reliant Arena, Nov.10....

They had an opening act, but I can't remember who it was.....Keith Emerson I think, didn't get there in time to see him..

Tesla came out second....They rocked!! Their set list was..MONDERN DAY COWBOY, HEVEN'S TRAIL (my fav), SIGNS, WHAT YOU GIVE, SONG AND EMOTION, GOT IN A DREAM (new one) and few others off their new album....I would post pics, but the ones I took of Tesla came out blury :(

SCORPIONS....I love this band....Klaus Meine was all over the stage!! They have a new bass player, I think he did a good job on their older stuff. Their set list was, BIG CITY NIGHTS, part of HOLIDAY, NO ONE LIKE YOU, THE ZOO (my all time fav scorp song!) WIND OF CHANGE, STILL LOVING YOU, and off their new one, Unbreakable, they did, NEW GERERATION (started with this one), LOVE 'EM OR LEAVE 'EM, DEEP AND DARK, BORDERLINE, and they ended their show with ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE. I took pics of the Scorpions too. I managed to get some good ones up close. And everytime I took one of Klaus, he wouldn't stand still!! All of those came out blury.....I did get two of him and Matthias Jabs....I will post some of them...

post-40-1100501514.jpg

choice pics moodyblue...the scorpions have produced some of my favourite lead guitarists in their long and illustrious career.....uli john roth, rudolph shenker, and of course the great michael schenker...saw them in aussie in the early 80`s...a memorable night....have you checked out the version of " the zoo " by bruce dickinson from iron maiden...it`s very good..in fact i actually think it`s a bit heavier than the scorpions one (if that`s at all possible!!)

check out this link mate...

http://www.bolwin.com/musik/index.shtml

post-40-1100509440.gif

Edited by kiwibank

Thanks!! I'm not too shabby with a camera!!

Kiwibank: no I have not heard Bruce Dickinson's version of The Zoo. Thanks for the link. I have been a fan of the Scorpions for a very long time. Have you heard their new cd yet? It rocks! It goes back to their hard rockin ways.....

Rudolf Schenker....

post-40-1100559354.jpg

Thanks!!  I'm not too shabby with a camera!!

Kiwibank: no I have not heard Bruce Dickinson's version of The Zoo.  Thanks for the link.  I have been a fan of the Scorpions for a very long time. Have you heard their new cd yet? It rocks! It goes back to their hard rockin ways.....

Rudolf Schenker....

no i haven`t heard it yet..but the reviews i read are very good...as you said..a return to their earlier hard rocking style...i`ll " find " a copy and give it a workout........

bruce dickinson`s cover version of the scorpions " the zoo " can be found on ECW: Extreme Music [sOUNDTRACK], released in 1998 on Cmc International......

THE ZOO

(R.Schenker, K. Meine)

The job is done and I go out the lights

Another boring day

I leave it all behind me now

The roary silence in my ears

So many worlds away

I meet my girl, she's dressed to kill

And all we gonna do

Is walk around to catch the thrill

On streets we call the zoo

We eat the night, we drink the time