Guided By Voices Drummer Selling Kit on eBay for $55,000

Guided By Voices Drummer Selling Kit on eBay for $55,000

There's a Guided by Voices drumkit on eBay with an opening bid priced at... drum roll... $55,000. The Hollywood Reporter points to a listing posted by GBV drummer Kevin Fennell, who says the kit was used to record classic albums Bee Thousand, Alien Lanes, Under the Bushes, Under the Stars, and more. "On top of that... they are simply good-looking," the listing reads.

In addition to the kit, Fennell is throwing in some memorabilia, including vinyl and posters. Oh, and bonus! Fennell will hand-deliver the kit and set it up himself for the winning bidder.

"So you might ask, why sell them if they are so great? You need to understand that I do so with great reservation, as I have sentimental feelings attached to them," he says on this page. "Great memories of lugging them in and out of studios, bars, clubs, halls, and stadiums, and always feeling secure that they could take a beating and sound great while doing so. I guess I believe that there is someone out there who will appreciate them as much as, if not more than, I do. Someone who can appreciate their history, where they have been and what was recorded on them. My hope is that the RIGHT person will buy them and use them to the fullest."

Five days and change until the auction closes. Don't all grab your wallets at once.

Watch the drums in action on "The Jon Stewart Show" in the 90s:

Watch the video for Guided By Voices' "Keep It In Motion":

[url=http://pitchfork.com/news/52694-guided-by-voices-drummer-selling-kit-on-ebay-for-55000/]View the full article[/url]