The Bush Pledge

Kooperman

One Nation Under Bush

At a campaign rally, Republicans recite the "Bush Pledge."

By Chris Suellentrop

Updated Thursday, Oct. 28, 2004, at 10:44 PM PT

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla.—"I want you to stand, raise your right hands," and recite "the Bush Pledge," said Florida state Sen. Ken Pruitt. The assembled mass of about 2,000 in this Treasure Coast town about an hour north of West Palm Beach dutifully rose, arms aloft, and repeated after Pruitt: "I care about freedom and liberty. I care about my family. I care about my country. Because I care, I promise to work hard to re-elect, re-elect George W. Bush as president of the United States."

I know the Bush-Cheney campaign occasionally requires the people who attend its events to sign loyalty oaths, but this was the first time I have ever seen an audience actually stand and utter one. Maybe they've replaced the written oath with a verbal one.

For the complete story click here:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2108852/

I care about freedom and liberty. I care about my family. I care about my country. Because I care, even if they were the the last people on earth, I would never vote for GWB or the big Dick :lol:

I care about freedom and liberty. I care about my family. I care about my country. Because I care, I promise to cap as many liberals as I can except for Dude, whom I have put on my "Do Not Cap" list. However, that list will be revised soon and everybody (both people) will have their eligibility to remain on the list reevaluated. :rolleyes:

Just a sec, I gonna need to get my jackboots and Iron Cross for this.  :rolleyes:

yeah, what i was thinking when i first read this.

last night we saw a programme on the rise of the religious right in the US and it scared the shit out of me. these people really believe all their shit which is cool, but IMO they should be kept out of gov't to prevent them from passing it on/passing judgment on the rest of us.