Queensryche: Verizon Theater

Queensryche played at the Verizon Theater on October 18, in Houston, TX. This is a small venue, about 2500 (not sure how many it holds). They have many different types of seating arrangements at the Verizon. They have a lower and an upper half.

This was an awesome show. I got to see the whole show. The first half was a greatest hits set. They played 'Empire' and 'Silent Lucidity', one of my favs. I would have written down what they played, but I didn't bring a pen with me (silly me). The second half they played OPERATION MINDCRIME all the way through. They used actors to act out scenes. Pamela Moore sang the parts of "Sister Mary". The guy who acted out the guy 'flipping out', did some things in the crowd also. We were told that he would be rushing the stage and getting past the barricade and not to stop him. We were also told that he would be walking around the lobby area with a gun (a fake one). He came up the stairs where I was working a couple of times, he looked pretty creepy to me. I guess he was supposed to look like he wacked out on drugs or something like that. At the end of the show they played a song from the up coming OPERATION MINDCRIME II due out sometime in 2005.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

• Wait, Burning Man is going online-only? What does that even look like?
      You could have been forgiven for missing the announcement that actual physical Burning Man has been canceled for this year, if not next. Firstly, the nonprofit Burning Man organization, known affectionately to insiders as the Borg, posted it after 5 p.m. PT Friday. That, even in the COVID-19 era, is the traditional time to push out news when you don't want much media attention. 
      But secondly, you may have missed its cancellation because the Borg is being careful not to use the C-word. The announcement was neutrally titled "The Burning Man Multiverse in 2020." Even as it offers refunds to early ticket buyers, considers layoffs and other belt-tightening measures, and can't even commit to a physical event in 2021, the Borg is making lemonade by focusing on an online-only version of Black Rock City this coming August.    Read more...
      More about Burning Man, Tech, Web Culture, and Live EventsView the full article
      • 0 replies
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?