Remember Jimmy Swaggart?

Shawn

link

This is absolutely unreal.

This is what Jimmy Swaggart said in a recent sermon on his television program.

I'm trying to find the correct name for it ... this utter absolute, asinine, idiotic stupidity of men marrying men. ... I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry. And I'm gonna be blunt and plain; if one ever looks at me like that, I'm gonna kill him and tell God he died.

Click here to see the video. It happens around minute 36. [note actually minute 37, but the 36th minute gives context-Shawn]

Sounds to me like somebody's getting jumpy in the closet. Jimmy already had to leave his ministry once after he got caught paying a prostitute to watch him whack off. This is one of the most prominent Christian evangelists in the country? What's sad is that this comment will probably not force his resignation. I'll bet a lot of his followers think it's worse to be with a prostitute than it is to threaten to kill a homosexual for looking at him "like that". Listen, I don't care who Jimmy Swaggart pays to watch him beat off, this is far more offensive than that.

Incidentally, if you follow the link to the story about the prostitute you'll find this gem:

Pat Robertson at first said the Swaggart scandal was engineered by his rival Vice-President George Bush to scupper his chances of entering the White House.

A week later, Mr Roberston retracted this accusation and flew to Louisiana for a public show of support for the shamed religious TV star.

Mr Robertson's presidential bid failed but in 1989 he launched the Christian Coalition, a conservative Christian pressure group that has some influence in the Republican Party.

every single one of those religious scumbags are so full of shit it's incredible (incredible their followers don't see this immediately). they're all holier than thou until they get caught. fuck 'em.

Like the time Rex Humbard was on the television saying that if his friends in faith didn't send in a certain amount of money (I don't remember how much he was asking for) that the Lord was going to call him home......now I don't claim to Albert Einstein or anything near being a genius, but ain't that what all good Christians want? To be called home to the Lord?

• 1 year later...

These TV evangelists are, for the most part, not only mentally ill but also inclined to larceny. Unfortunately, they've found an equally larcenous and goofy President who will gladly trade them anything for the votes of their many, many sadly delusional followers.

post-25-1142917275.jpg