Blue Man Group Announces DVD-Audio Release

Lord_of_the_Dense

Featuring 5.1 Surround Sound and DTS Mix September 14, 2004

Features Guest Collaborators Dave Matthews, Gavin Rossdale, Dan the Automator, Tracy Bonham, Esthero, Rob Swift

NEW YORK, Sept 9 /PRNewswire/ -- The critically-acclaimed artists Blue Man Group have once again crossed artistic and technical boundaries with the release of The Complex DVD-Audio (DVD-A) edition. The Complex DVD-A will be released on September 14 by DTS Entertainment.

Blue Man Group founders Matt Goldman, Phil Stanton and Chris Wink recorded and released the original The Complex CD in 2003. Guest collaborators on The Complex DVD-A include some of the most popular names in pop, rock, hip-hop, and electronic music: Dave Matthews, Gavin Rossdale, Dan the Automator, Tracy Bonham, Esthero, Rob Swift, among others. The Complex DVD-A has been re-mixed in 5.1 Surround Sound, making this the first time some of the artists can be heard in the advanced audio formats.

This 5.1 Surround Sound and DTS technology allow fans of Blue Man Group and experimental music a full multi-channel audio experience of this original music. The DVD-A offers still images from Blue Man Group's rock concert experience, The Complex Rock Tour.

Read entire story here.

I worked the Blue Man Group show when they came to the Pavilion last year (I think it was last year) anyway....they put on an awesome show. They really get the croud into it. I worked the lawn/hill that night so I got to see the whole thing. When they came out into the crowd, one of them came up to the lawn right where I was working, I didn't even see him coming until he had jumped over the wall from the uncovered seats, jumped up on the railing and did his thing. And the sweat that was pouring off of him!!! I guess it gets a little hot under all that paint and the lights and all the jumping around they do!

I like their music too. This should be a good DVD.