Digital JFK assasination copy could reveal more

method77

One of America's most enduring and bitterly debated controversies whether Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone assassin who killed President Kennedy more than 40 years ago could finally be resolved.

Scientists are to produce a digital copy of the only known audio recording of the assassination to allow researchers to analyse the sound of the gun-shots captured on the recording.

The original, preserved on an analogue tape, has not been played since the early 80s because it is so fragile. The recording was made through the microphone of a motorcycle policeman's radio and captured on a portable tape recorder back at headquarters.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

neither did i, Dude. i guess you could say his death was the defining event of my early life cause i lost what little faith in the gov i'd been force-fed up until then. that magic bullet theory is so much impossible bullshit and it always amazed me people accepted it. now i'm gonna watch 'JFK' for about the thousandth time, y'know, to fuel my rage. :lol:

Speaking of JFK, Im a friend of Jim Marrs, who wrote the book the movie was based on. We each think there needs more exploration into the all the double Oswards that were cited during the weeks leading up to the assassination. And if you can find it, check out the Popkin book "the double oswalds"

i've got the zapruder stuff on vid...real life took over most of my thinking for ages and then i caught william cooper on TV about ten years back; his frame-by-frame breakdown of zapruder really frightened me because (according to his version) one actually sees the chauffeur turn around and fire one of the shots that killed kennedy. i read his 'ride a pale horse' and freaked.

i've got the zapruder stuff on vid...real life took over most of my thinking for ages and then i caught william cooper on TV about ten years back; his frame-by-frame breakdown of zapruder really frightened me because (according to his version) one actually sees the chauffeur turn around and fire one of the shots that killed kennedy. i read his 'ride a pale horse' and freaked.

I find that pretty shocking goddess, I hadn't heard that one before. As luck would have it, my local p2p receptacle said it was eager to retrieve proof of that for my inspection.

:good job:

Ive never heard that before either, SG. Cant imagine no one in the car wouldnt have seen that, either. But I have heard that a number of the secret service detail did hang out at Jack Ruby's club before the assassination

Shawn did you (or anyone) see this yet? of course cooper's version presupposes that everyone in the car was in on it (barring mrs jfk...maybe).

the cooper programme i saw was filmed in new mexico or arizona in the early 90s. he kept showing CUs of the few seconds before and including when the first shot was fired, over and over....the audience would gasp each and every time cause it was so clearly obvious the chauffeur turned around w/a gun and yes i know how easy it is to distort/add to existing footage.

The version that promises that point of view has yet to come. The one I do have keeps Kennedy in the center square and in close up for the entire assasination.

edit Aug 20th - it still hasn't even started. I wonder if it is the most popular clip on the internet or why I can't even get it to start.

:D Yeah me too.

I don't know. It looks so obvious the driver shot him that I wonder how it could have gone unmentioned for the most part. Why isn't this the first thing people think about when the subject comes up?

First time I haven't been able to trust my eyes.

It looks so obvious the driver shot him that I wonder how it could have gone unmentioned for the most part. Why isn't this the first thing people think about when the subject comes up?

misdirection, no? before wm cooper showed the clip, he reminded the audience not to look at JFK.

Ive been studying the assassination for the years in detail and have never heard that theory. It sure does look like the driver shot him... Im gonna ask Jim Marrs about this...

Dude: 'It sure does look like the driver shot him..'

y'mean 'shot him as well' or just 'shot him?'

*ducks*

(but i really wanna know what you think)

I dont know if we are actually seeing a gun, or a reflection--it certainly looks like a gun, but its hard to believe that no one else in the car saw it. Another issue--just because the driver pulled out a gun, that doesnt mean he is the one firing the shot when Kennedy is hit--but it sure as hell looks like it.

I had a friend who worked on the Senate Intelligence Committee to investigate assassinations, and she said all the evidence pointed towards Oswald. I also talked with Miles Copeland, Sr (father of the Manager of The Police and Stuart Copeland), who was one of the founders of the CIA, and asked Helms directly whether the CIA was involved, and Helms denied it.

I dont doubt that Oswald was involved, but Oswald's military history suggests some kind of intelligence role, and the sightings of the numerous double Oswalds, and all the various military officials present that day, suggests some kind of Intelligence operation

For years I thought maybe Nixon was involved--he was in Dallas that day for a Pepsi convention, but when asked years later where he was when the shots were fired, he couldnt remember--but most people dont know, but during their early Senate years, Nixon and Kennedy were great friends. Also I dont believe LBJ was involved.

The problem with solving the Kennedy assassination, is that so many rumours have build up over time, that it makes it tough to decipher. The key to solving the assassination is to ask Who Had the Motive and Why.

Here's a theory of mine. The Mob decided to go after him because they helped elect him, but RFK's investigation as Atty General, suggested a double-cross--and they were not happy he didnt act stronger on Cuba. Not sure where the intelligence community fits in, but I think it was a renegade group, perhaps with mob ties. But I think something else was going down that day, and wires got crossed--what that was, i dont know.

Here's a good analysis of the Cuban connection and Oswald. If true, what it suggests is that the FBI and CIA hid information as they did not want to know that Oswald was an operative...

http://hometown.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/GHO...update2001.html

bah...i wish this thread had come up anytime between 31. march and 30. june when i had all the time in the world.

• 7 months later...

I was shocked to see George W. Bush, Sr's name come up in connection to the JFK assassination. It turns out that he purportedly knew the Cubans involved to the events and more... Google his name with the JFK assassination and see what comes up :)

Start here:

http://www.internetpirate.com/bush.htm

coincidentally, i was just looking at the zapruder footage last night (when it was released in videotape, i ran straight out and bought it; yeah i'm obsessed)

I was shocked to see George W. Bush, Sr's name come up in connection to the JFK assassination.

The most shocking part is the idea that he would run the CIA a few short years later.

The most shocking part is the idea that he would run the CIA a few short years later.

You should read parts of the unauthorized biography (its on google). He knew alot of the players intimately. And it appears he was an agent at the time of the assassination, according to J Edgar Hoover's memo... all news to me