2004 Democratic Convention

DudeAsInCool

Monday's Television Coverage of the DNC

Monday July 26, 2004 2:16 AM

By The Associated Press

BOSTON (AP)- The following is a list of live prime-time coverage for the Democratic National Convention for Monday. All times are Eastern daylight.

^---

CBS: 10:00 p.m.- 11:00 p.m., coverage from the convention floor with host Dan Rather.

NBC: 10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m., coverage from the convention floor with host Tom Brokaw.

ABC: 10:00-11:00pm, coverage from the convention floor with host Peter Jennings.

FOX NEWS: 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm, You Decide 2004, coverage from the convention floor.

CNN: 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm, live coverage from the convention floor with hosts Wolf Blitzer, Aaron Brown, Jeff Greenfield, Larry King, Bill Schneider and Judy Woodruff.

PBS: 8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m., NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, coverage will include roundtable discussion and coverage from the convention floor.

C-SPAN: 4:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m., gavel-to-gavel coverage from the convention floor.

^---

Here are the list of speakers for Monday. The Democrats have not released a schedule.

^---

David Alston, Vietnam swift boat crewmate of John Kerry

Rep. Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis.

Former President Carter

Former President Clinton

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y.

Former Vice President Al Gore

Rep. Steny Hoyer, D-Md.

Democratic Party Chairman Terry McAuliffe

Rep. Kendrick Meek, D-Fla.

Rep. Robert Menendez, D-N.J.

Thomas Menino, mayor of Boston.

Sen. Barbara Mikulski, D-Md., joined by all Democratic women senators

Rep. Stephanie Tubbs-Jones, D-Ohio

Rep. Jim Turner, D-Texas

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX MON JULY 26, 2004 11:05:28 ET XXXXX

USA TODAY SPIKES ANN COULTER COLUMN AT CONVENTION

USA Today editors have spiked a daily convention column they commissioned from conservative controversialist Ann Coulter, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Coulter filed her first report from Boston Sunday night, only to be told hours later that editors found it "unusable" and "not funny."

"Apparently no one at USA TODAY had ever read Ann Coulter before!" Coulter, who has sold nearly a million copies of her various works and his written a syndicated column for five years, said from Boston.

MOORE ON THE FLOOR, BUT ANN IN THE CAN

Meanwhile Leftwing controversialist and Bush hater Michael Moore has free reign on the floor of the Dem convention hall -- and has been hired to write for USA TODAY at the Republican convention!

"Coulter has been hired for Boston, Moore has been hired for NY," a USA TODAY source explained, unaware of the fallout with Coulter in Boston.

Developing...

I'm watching the convention on MSNBC right now and Gen. Wesley Clark is winning a war of wits with obnoxious Hardball host Chris Matthews, who tries to shout over and cut off all his guests in mid-sentence. The General ain't havin' none of that tonight.

The new Al Gore is a very good speaker and he brought the audience at the convention to its feet. He drove home the pt that every vote counts even when you win the popular vote. Key questions were asked of Republicans and Independents:

Did they American people get the compassionate conservative President they voted for?

Are we going after the right terrorists by dividing our attention in Iraq?

Is the country more or less divided with this President?

Has the current administration brought us closer to the rest of the world's leadership?

Has the current leadership added or lost more jobs for Americans?

Jimmy Carter spared nothing in attacking the Bush administration, saying they have not been truthful to either the American people or the rest of the word, focusing on John Kerry's honorable military record, and strengthening his pt by saying when it came to military service, "George wasn't there..." He accused Bush of extremism and of generating public panic unnecessarily, in not admitting their mistakes, and in making American weaker...

"Apparently no one at USA TODAY had ever read Ann Coulter before!" Coulter, who has sold nearly a million copies of her various works and his written a syndicated column for five years, said from Boston.

That's some seriously funny stuff.

Carter's most applauded statement was that "A President (Bush) can't lead if he misleads...."

Gore's biggest applause was a slam at the Bush Administration for losing the cooperation of the rest of the world...

Jimmy Carter spared nothing in attacking the Bush administration, saying they have not been truthful to either the American people or the rest of the word, focusing on John Kerry's honorable military record, and strengthening his pt by saying when it came to military service, "George wasn't there..." He accused Bush of extremism and of generating public panic unnecessarily, in not admitting their mistakes, and in making American weaker...

Quite a moving speach by Carter... dead on....

Clinton was mezmerizing as usual. He suggested that Kerry was the man to steer the ship in troubled waters, using Kerry's bg in VietNam as an example.

He also made a terrific jab at Bush by saying "strength and wisdom" are not opposing qualities... :lol:

Here is the Coulter columnt that USA decided not to print:

Put the speakers in a cage

Posted: July 26, 2004

4:15 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Here at the Spawn of Satan convention in Boston, conservatives are deploying a series of covert signals to identify one another, much like gay men do. My allies are the ones wearing crosses or American flags. The people sporting shirts emblazoned with the "F-word" are my opponents. Also, as always, the pretty girls and cops are on my side, most of them barely able to conceal their eye-rolling.

Democrats are constantly suing and slandering police as violent, fascist racists – with the exception of Boston's police, who'll be lauded as national heroes right up until the Democrats pack up and leave town on Friday, whereupon they'll revert to their natural state of being fascist, racist pigs.

Build a Better America with the RNC

You can be a part of the team working with President Bush and a Republican Congress to fully enact their compassionate conservative agenda. Learn how you can help promote our message today.

A speaker at the Democratic National Convention this year, Al Sharpton, accused white police officers of raping and defacing Tawana Brawley in 1987, lunatic charges that eventually led to a defamation lawsuit against Sharpton, and even more eventually to Sharpton paying a jury award to the defamed plaintiff Steve Pagones. So it's a real mystery why cops wouldn't like Democrats.

As for the pretty girls, I can only guess that it's because liberal boys never try to make a move on you without the U.N. Security Council's approval. Plus, it's no fun riding around in those dinky little hybrid cars. My pretty-girl allies stick out like a sore thumb amongst the corn-fed, no make-up, natural fiber, no-bra needing, sandal-wearing, hirsute, somewhat fragrant hippie-chick pie wagons they call "women" at the Democratic National Convention.

Apparently, the nuts at the Democratic National Convention are going to be put in cages outside the convention hall. Sadly, they won't be fighting to the death as is done in W.W.F. caged matches. They're calling this the "protestor's area," although I suppose a better name would be the "truth-free zone."

I thought this was a great idea until I realized the "nut" category did not include Sharpton, Al Gore, Bill Clinton and Teddy Kennedy – all featured speakers at the convention. I'd say the actual policy is only untelegenic nuts get the cages, but little Dennis Kucinich is speaking at the Convention, too. So it must be cages for "nuts who have not run for president as serious candidates for the Democratic Party."

Looking at the line-up of speakers at the Convention, I have developed the 7-11 challenge: I will quit making fun of, for example, Dennis Kucinich, if he can prove he can run a 7-11 properly for 8 hours. We'll even let him have an hour or so of preparation before we open up. Within 8 hours, the money will be gone, the store will be empty, and he'll be explaining how three 11-year olds came in and asked for the money and he gave it to them.

For 20 years, the Democrats wouldn't let Jimmy Carter within 100 miles of a Convention podium. The fact that Carter is now their most respectable speaker tells you where that party is today. Maybe they just want to remind Americans who got us into this Middle East mess in the first place. We've got millions of fanatical Muslims trying to slaughter Americans while shouting "Allah Akbar!" Yeah, let's turn the nation over to these guys.

With any luck, Gore will uncork his speech comparing Republicans to Nazis. Just a few weeks ago, Gore gave a speech accusing the Bush administration of deploying "digital Brown Shirts" to intimidate journalists and pressure the media into writing good things about Bush – in case you were wondering where all those glowing articles about Bush were coming from.

The last former government official to slake his thirst so deeply with the Kool-Aid and become a far-left peacenik was Ramsey Clarke and it took him a few years to really blossom. Clinton must have done some number on Gore. Then again, with his yen for earth tones in a man's wardrobe, maybe Gore's references to "Brown Shirts" was intended as a compliment.

Only one major newspaper – the Boston Herald – reported Gore's "Brown Shirt" comment, though a Bush campaign spokesman's statement quoting the "Brown Shirt" line made it into the very last sentence of a Los Angeles Times article. The New York Times responded with an article criticizing "both" Republicans and Democrats for using Nazi imagery. Democrats call Republicans Nazis, the Republicans quote the Democrats calling Republicans Nazis and "both" are using Nazi imagery. (It's a cycle of violence!)

The nuts in the cages are virtual Bertrand Russells compared to the official speakers at the Democratic Convention. On the basis of their placards, I gather the caged-nut position is that they love the troops so much, they don't want them to get hurt defending America from terrorist attack. "Support the troops," the signs say, "bring them home."

That's my new position on all government workers, except the 5 percent who aren't useless, which is to say cops, prosecutors, firemen and U.S. servicemen. I love bureaucrats at the National Endowment of the Arts funding crucifixes submerged in urine so much – I think they should go home. I love public school teachers punishing any mention of God and banning Christmas songs so much – I think they should go home.

Walking back from the convention site, I chatted with a normal Bostonian for several blocks – who must have identified me through our covert system of signals. He was mostly bemused by the Democrats' primetime speakers and told me he used to be an independent, but for the last 20 years found himself voting mostly Republican. Then he corrected himself and said he votes for the "American."

I'd say I love all these Democrats in Boston so much I want them to go home, but I don't. I want Americans to get a good long look at the French Party and keep the 7-11 challenge in mind.

Holy SHIT!

Is the woman insane? What real 'news agency' would want such an "article"?

Here at the Spawn of Satan convention in Boston, conservatives are deploying a series of covert signals to identify one another, much like gay men do. My allies are the ones wearing crosses or American flags. The people sporting shirts emblazoned with the "F-word" are my opponents. Also, as always, the pretty girls and cops are on my side, most of them barely able to conceal their eye-rolling.

Come on. This is satire?

edit - Where oh where has our little Nulls gone? Where oh where could he be?

Is the woman insane? What real 'news agency' would want such an "article"?    This is satire?

Yes.

Lots of media publishing whores like Mellon-Scaife and greedy liberal publishers who like to make money.

If so, it would be bad, and she thinks she's being truthful :lol:

Forget the polticial substance, which there is absolutely none--Coulter is one of the worst political writers in history---strike that, she cant even write... (Im actually a member an I hate Ann Coulter website--shes despicable...)

link

A list of half-crazed quotes from this woman from her last book.

"Here the country had finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism and they don't want to fight it. They would have, except it would put them on the same side as the United States." -- Ann Coulter, P. 5

"Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now." -- Ann Coulter, P. 6

Rumor has it she drinks like a fish and thats not all :lol:

Nice find Shawn :rofl:

She's got to be on something :lol:

"Most of the time, liberals do not imagine the world is real. Their contribution to political debate is worthless, since even they do not believe things they say. The more shocking and iconoclastic they are, the more fashion points they accrue. Liberal Manhattanites believe in redistribution of their own wealth and ceaseless police brutality like they believe in Martians." -- Ann Coulter, P. 203

huh? :lol:

The fact that this woman has a successful writing and TV commentator career is testimony to what I've been saying in posts for a while: there is a large and dangerous lunatic element in the conservative movement in America that continues to divide our population and alienate the rest of the world. This hatred that's being preached is in combination with less and less accurate information coming from our government, creating a large base for the Republican Party to draw support from. Key to this base is a population being dumbed down in a weakly supported educational system, and who rely on radio conservatives and Fox News for all their information. Add the religious right (who seem very willing to not only ignore the rantings of people like Ann Coulter, but to actually buy the books she writes), the National Rifle Association zealots and the Industrial powers of the country, and it's difficult to amass enough votes to beat even mediocre candidates like George Bush.

John Kerry continues to lose ground to George Bush. Despite facing a President who's had the worst first 3 1/2 years in office any President ever had, Kerry's lack of TV ads (despite over 200 million dollars amassed) and inability to let Americans know what his platform is has allowed Republicans to use TV ad blizes to define Kerry as a flip-flopping liberal who's soft on national defense. Kerry is, to this point, following the same path that Albert Gore did in the 2000 election...allowing Republicans to set the terms of political battle and being too passive in his campaign. He's wasting a golden opportunity that's there for the taking.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5524805/