Lance Armstrong Takes Record 6th Tour De France

DudeAsInCool

you are the absolute wrong person to have this conversation with. Your views (and most people's in here) are not the ones I mentioned above about the rest of the world. I have been in your country a few times and saw what people thing about the rest of the world.

I'm not saying all Americans but an alarmingly huge percentage

Americans hate Europeans so it's partly your fault.  You think you rule the world, violate world treatys...Am I wrong?

Wrong. Real Americans love to be loved, dont hate anyone, and have a long history of being there for Europeans when the chips were down. The Bush administration doesnt give a shit... Method, you hung with the wrong folks in America...

The Bush line is that of the "real American" too. It's a dangerous term that really holds no meaning.

Like "Patriot"

The Bush line is that of the "real American" too. It's a dangerous term that really holds no meaning. Like "Patriot"

Bush is about as phony as they come. He's adopted this good ole boy, lets have a beer and eat some chow, when the reality is he was raised on a silver spoon in an East Coast establishment family with a Yale education. He's as phony as his election..

Wow...if bashing the evil Bush is done i'd like to comment.

First on Lance...I've been rooting for him for the entire tour and me and all my friends bought the yellow wrist/bracelets that support his cancer foundation, Livestrong. I've seen many interviews with Lance and I have to say he handles the whole thing very well. He says basically to the effect of I can accuse anyone of doping...but if you don't have proof, shut your damn mouth. And since no one has proof of any wrong doing then they are most likely out to get him.

And a little side note on the whole American vs. European thing (which makes me sad that it has even come up, or such ideas and thoughts have escalated on this board) I must share some of my young person experiences. First off...when anyone from Europe comes into this country, at least me, everyone I hang out with, and everytime i'm around everyone here kisses their ass. We love europeans, think they have far more culture than us, more educated, and among many other things, are oogled for the accents (I know i've dated several girls because I was initially attracted to their accent). I have never seen anyone ever discriminated against in any way; the only things i've seen are just how some Europeans object to our differences in culture. Americans like shit big, fancy, and wasteful. We're loud, have no manners or class, and will do just about anything for money. Other than these kind of minor objections over cultural differences, which should be viewed as educational rather than resentful, I never see any real issues at all with European in America.

Now for my experiences with Europe...I love Europe. LOVE IT!!! I have only had the pleasure of being to Spain, but trust me...my ass will be all over that entire contienent before I die.

The only negative thing between Americans vs. Europeans I can recall is a quite horrible story. My friend showed me a video and pics of when they went to a sort of mini olympics for cross country running and she was selected to be on the American Team (she is a badass cross country girl...possible olympian in the future), but in the pictures of the trip one thing was evident. She only had pictures with the american team and the british team. This mini olympic thing took place a year ago march....we all know what was going on at that time. Now my friend is fluent in french, so I asked why didn't you hang out with the french team. She said the french team wouldn't talk to them. No other team of over fifty countries would talk to the americans except for the british. How's that?? And then this video she had was of when they were in, what is famous to american teen/college kids, a European club. But before they got there there was footage of them trying to find the club. They got lost and had to ask directions. When one of their British companions asked the Frenchman for directions, he got punched in the face!!!!! Regardless they eventually found a security or police of some kind of officer/official and got directions from him. But it saddened me to think that other people would try to physically harm me just because of what my country does or my president or my politicians, or other americans. Do I hold my friend from Pakistan accountable for her country?? What about my smooth talking friend from Iran?? Hell no. Regardless of whatever prejeduce their country or people or anyone for that matter has shown in the past, that will never impact any judgement on a future person.

A person is a person is a person no matter what country you are from. Sorry for my ramble....I just needed a good ramble I guess

I asked why didn't you hang out with the french team. She said the french team wouldn't talk to them. No other team of over fifty countries would talk to the americans except for the british. How's that?? And then this video she had was of when they were in, what is famous to american teen/college kids, a European club. But before they got there there was footage of them trying to find the club. They got lost and had to ask directions. When one of their British companions asked the Frenchman for directions, he got punched in the face!!!!!

Pathetic. I wouldn't be caught dead with these assholes - who the fuck do they think they are other than crass hateful jerks... :reallymad: I find it interesting that the people who think they are politically purists are actually worse than the people they criticize.

And a little side note on the whole American vs. European thing (which makes me sad that it has even come up, or such ideas and thoughts have escalated on this board)

Don't sweat it man. The admins all have this borderline icky mutual admiration thing that would probably turn most people off. To cover for it we beat our chests and claim moral superiority 11 times a day. :lol:

I found your story, though believable, pretty sad. Your friend must have been carrying a gun and spitting chewing tobacco all over the field. Right? thumbsdown

nd a little side note on the whole American vs. European thing (which makes me sad that it has even come up, or such ideas and thoughts have escalated on this board)
I never said I support that. If I did, I wouldn't be in here talking to you :bigsmile:

No spitting tobacco and at least my friend is very anti gun so I doubt that ;)

Young Americans get ancy over there because they can drink freely...so I dunno...

But yay we're all superior to each other then I guess :P