Love Hospitalized In New York

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

courtney_love.jpgHours after being declared a fugitive for missing a court hearing yesterday (July 9) in California, Courtney Love was hospitalized in New York. Her lawyer, defense attorney Michael Rosenstein, said had admitted to Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan in the early evening of her 40th birthday for an unspecified gynecological problem.

Rosenstein said she was conscious and her condition did not appear to be life-threatening and the reason for her hospitalization was "not drug-related."

"I think that she's OK," he said. "It's a feminine issue. I don't know expressly what the details are. But it's a medical condition relating to gynecological issues."

He added: "I've been hearing people calling me all afternoon telling that me she's been rushed to the hospital on a drug overdose, and that's not the case. I categorically deny that."

Love's condition was "something she's been dealing with apparently for the past couple of days," he said.

Hours earlier, a Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner issued a bench warrant for Love's arrest after she failed to appear for an arraignment on a felony assault charge. Her lawyer told Commissioner Dennis Mulcahy then that Love was in New York and confused about whether her presence had been required in the California case.

"I don't understand the confusion, Mr. Rosenstein," replied the commissioner. "You are here. Why isn't she?"

Rosenstein later called the judge's action "harsh" and said Love's confusion stemmed from the fact that she has three separate cases pending in California. "I don't think that she deserves special treatment, but I do think that a reasonable person in circumstances such as hers can be confused with respect to these things," he said.

Rosenstein said he expects Love to be well enough to fly back to California "by the beginning of next week" to post bond at $150,000. Her previous $55,000 bail was forfeited, and she is subject to arrest once she returns, he said.

The charge of assault with a deadly weapon arose from an altercation with another woman at the Los Angeles home of Love's ex-boyfriend and onetime manager, Jim Barber, in April.

In May, Love pleaded guilty in an unrelated case to being under the influence of cocaine when she was arrested outside Barber's home last October by police who said she was breaking windows in the middle of the night. She faces a July 16 sentencing in that case.

The former singer for the band Hole faces separate drug possession charges in Beverly Hills and a reckless endangerment charge in New York City.

Love has a history of showing up late for court hearings, or missing them altogether. A California judge issued an arrest warrant for her in February after she skipped proceedings in two criminal cases, but that warrant was withdrawn when she made it to a later hearing.

Source

Courtney Love carried to hospital after 40th birthday

By Charles Laurence in New York

(Filed: 11/07/2004)

Courtney Love, the American rock singer, was in hospital in New York yesterday after being carried from her home on a stretcher dressed only in a lace-trimmed camisole and a pair of handcuffs.

As she shouted obscenities, the bizarre moment was captured on camera by photographers. It was the culmination of a day on which Miss Love had celebrated her 40th birthday, been issued with an arrest warrant and suffered from a gynaecological problem which she reportedly described to police as an abortion.

Police had been called shortly after noon on Friday, her birthday, after complaints that Miss Love, the widow of the rock star Kurt Cobain, had been throwing bottles from her 4th-floor loft apartment. A police spokesman said that they were unable to find evidence that the bottles had come from her home but that they had found her "incoherent". Witnesses said that she had told them: "Today is my birthday and I had an abortion."

Meanwhile in Los Angeles, a court issued an arrest warrant after Miss Love failed to appear to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon after complaints that she had attacked a woman. Her lawyer, Michael Rosenstein, told the court that she had been confused over whether she had to appear.

Dennis Muleahy, the court commissioner, rescinded Miss Love's bail of $55,000 (£30,500) and issued an arrest warrant with a new bail figure of $150,000 (£83,000).

In New York, police and ambulancemen returned to Miss Love's home on Friday evening after receiving a call that a woman was bleeding. The police spokesman said that they had had to use handcuffs because Miss Love was "acting in an irrational manner".

As she was wheeled to the ambulance and saw the photographers, she yelled "What!" and "Help!". When an ambulanceman tried to cover her with a sheet, she shouted an obscenity, followed by: "Get away from me!"

Mr Rosenstein said that Miss Love had a "gynaecological medical condition" and added: "It was not a suicide attempt, not drug-related, not drug overdose-related." In New York, Miss Love has been charged with assault after hitting a fan during a concert in East Village, while in Los Angeles she faces further charges for drug possession. Last month, she said that she was pregnant and would have to give up smoking cigarettes.

She is also fighting for custody of the daughter she had with Kurt Cobain. A concert tour to promote her new album, America's Sweetheart, has been postponed.

A hospital spokesman refused to comment on Miss Love's condition.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...11/ixworld.html

post-23-1089523398.jpg

she is a mess, I can see why they took her daughter away from her, and she still thinks it's cool, I'm sure she inherited alot of money from kurt cobain's estate, and now she's in financial difficulty? I have no sympathy for her.