Neonapster-join The Gnutella Revolution

Yoda

NeoNapster is a free file-sharing program based on the Gnutella protocol. Similar to Napster and Morpheus, NeoNapster gives users the ability to search for, download, and share music, videos, software, and more with millions of others. NeoNapster supports the most powerful Gnutella features, such as multihost download swarming, SHA-1 file hashing, Ultrapeer compatibility, download resuming, IRC integrated chat, firewall compatibility. The new version comes with a new interface that simplifies your file sharing and makes downloading easy for new users. NeoNapster does not display banner ads in the program. This update adds improved hostcaching support. New in this version: easy to use interface similar to the old Napster and Morpheus, except with no ads, banners, or pop-ups. Compatible with LimeWire and BearShare fast networks. Share MP3s, DivX movies, games, software, and every other type of file.

Features

- NeoNapster features the easiest-to-use interface around. A flexible tabbed interface makes it beginner-friendly and powerful.

- Connect to the Gnutella network and get access to billions of files from millions of other users around the world. Access MP3s, DixV movies, software, games, and more.

- Ultrapeer technology allows for most efficient sharing between users. Connect to and share with LimeWire, BearShare, Morpheus and Gnucleus users seamlessly.

- Refine and filter searches with advanced screening options.

Read More Here

Free Download here

Other NeoNapster features worth mentioning -- 3 new running processes and 39 malware registry entries ... as well as directories and files dedicated to malware (and one directory and file that can only be deleted in DOS mode). My God ... I didn't think they could put that much malware in one product ... but, the developers managed to do a pretty good job of it. FWIW, after I removed all that stuff with 2 boots of Spybot, 1 scan by AdAware, and one manual deletion in DOS, I attempted to start NeoNapster without it. The response was a small box saying, "NeoNapster needs BargainBuddy in order to work. Would you like to reinstall it?" I clicked the no button, uninstalled NeoNapster, then manually deleted the directory. Phew. Too much work for one day. Think I'll take a nap.

The EULA was puzzling. The wording seemed to suggest (at first) that installation of n-Case was an "option." But, their EULA did not mention the extent of system-takeover evident in the program itself. My ZoneAlarm was hopping, asking me to grant net access over a dozen times to a whole host of things I'd never heard of before.

Makes me wonder about something. I wonder how many clueless people out there install P2P software ... but have no firewall or malware removers. And, it makes we wish there were developers out there willing to design malware "replacement" installers ... kind of like KLite did with the CD_CLINT.DLL scenario of Kazaa. BTW, the dummy/inert CD_CLINT.DLL file also works in iMesh (grin).

I didn't even let it go through the paces ... and not because I didn't want it to. I'm not exaggerating when I say that, even while the connections were being made, ZoneAlarm windows kept popping up asking me to give access to one thing or another. I just got so fed up with all the ZA popping that I killed the client. And FWIW, as I killed the client, ZA popped up one more time asking me to give access to something else.