Bass Limbo

mgetz

I don't know if you want it too sound so "fat" and very deep electro but you need to work on them. Add some "lighter" sounds and get the bass need a lot of work. You're trying to be a lot like the early 80s electro so listen to Residence and Kraftwerk to get some ideas

I'm not trying to dissapoint you or anything. That was my honest opinion. Keep up the work. Waiting to hear more from you

I liked the build in Alien Invasion and How Low Can You Go. Curious as to what melodic lines you plan to build over that...

I love the bass in this tune, which Ive been playing lately.

http://www.patrickohearn.com/music/facing_the_sun.mp3

Whatdoyathink?

• 2 weeks later...

Mgetz, liked How Low Can You Go best. I think on the whole the tunes sound too clinical and I think you should not use the standard FLstudio samples as they sound too FLstudio. I use FL all the time and their samples stick out like a sore thumb. It sounds like you have not used any effects and maybe thats why its too 'clear', the claps for instance are way too in your face.

Maybe I'm being too hyper critical because I use FLstudio and I'm really critical of my own stuff, and I hear similarities. Anyway whatever I think just keep going, as long as you're enjoying what you're doing all is cool.

I like Alien Invasion...I could see girls all lined up "street" dancing (don't know the right label) but it's where they clap their hands and stamp their feet in unison...it's pretty cool to watch and that's what this reminded me of...good job.