Moody Blues

Lord_of_the_Dense

The Moody Blues' A NIGHT AT RED ROCKS WITH THE COLORADO SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA Album and DVD Brought Together in One SOUND + VISION Package

LOS ANGELES, June 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Thanks to the new SOUND + VISION series from UMe which presents major artists in deluxe two-CD/one-DVD packages, Moody Blues fans for the first time can enjoy the unparalleled concert experience that was A NIGHT AT RED ROCKS WITH THE COLORADO SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA with one purchase. The SOUND + VISION edition of A NIGHT AT RED ROCKS WITH THE COLORADO SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (Polydor/UMe), released July 13, 2004, combines the 2002 DELUXE EDITION two-CD set (which offered the entire two-hour concert for the first time) with that same year's DVD debut of the home video.

On September 9, 1992 at the spectacular open-air Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado, The Moody Blues performed a historic concert that marked the first time they had performed with an orchestra before a live audience. Intended to commemorate the 25th anniversary of their groundbreaking symphonic concept album DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED, the performance became a celebration of the band's history.

On that special night, paired with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra and aided by the natural acoustics as well as visual splendor of the renowned amphitheater, The Moody Blues recreated their majestic studio sound. The result was once-in-a-lifetime performances of their hits from the '60s through the '80s, including "Nights In White Satin," "Question," "I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock And Roll Band)," "The Voice," "I Know You're Out There Somewhere" and "Your Wildest Dreams" as well as "For My Lady," "Isn't Life Strange" and "The Other Side Of Life."

Read entire story here.

• 1 month later...

RED ROCKS is a great live cd and dvd.....

I have it in three different versions, cd dvd and on vhs........

The Moody Blues is my favorite band and I have seen them many times in concert, I have even been to see them in Vegas........

You should pick this up it is a good listen.......

TTFN :)

Days of Future Passed was always my favorite album of theirs. Nights in White Satin is probably their best song...