'The Hunting of the President:'

Lord_of_the_Dense

Clinton to Attend Premiere at NYU on Wednesday, June 16th

LOS ANGELES, June 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Paul Colichman, Chairman of Regent Entertainment announced today that they will release the groundbreaking political documentary "The Hunting of the President: The Ten-Year Campaign to Destroy Bill Clinton" directed by Harry Thomason and Nickolas Perry, at an exclusive run at The Angelika Theatre in New York on June 18th and in Little Rock, Arkansas on the same date. There will be a VIP premiere in New York on Wednesday, June 16th at NYU's Skirball Center which will be attended by former President Clinton and Susan McDougal who have not seen each other in over 15 years as well as other politicos, VIPs including Harry and Linda Bloodworth Thomason, Alec Baldwin, Robert Altman, Salman Rushdie, among others to be announced.

Narrated by Morgan Freeman, and using previously unreleased material, and interviews from both sides of the beltway, this probing work focuses on the smear campaign against Clinton from his days as Governor leading up to and including his impeachment trial. The documentary feature will also open in exclusive runs in Washington D.C. on June 25, in San Francisco on July 16 in Los Angeles and Boston on July 23 and in Chicago on August 13.

Following swiftly on the heightened political atmosphere of the pre-election campaign and the widespread interest in Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11," The Hunting of the President, based on The New York Times bestseller of the same name by Gene Lyons and Joe Conason, explores the myths and truths behind the ten-year campaign to systematically destroy the political legacy of the Clintons.

Read entire story here.

I always felt that there was a concerted effort by the right to get rid of Clinton, which I found ironic, because most of his policies were middle of the road, and economically, far more conservative than the typcial Democrat--I never understood what the big beef was about.

It's it ironic, rush limbaugh is getting divorced for the 3rd time and bill clinton is still married to hillary, I find that so funny, limbaugh doesn't go a day without attacking bill clinton.

I think a large part of the hateful political climate whch exists today can be traced back to the emergence of Rush Limbaugh in the early part of the '90's. His schtick was hate and his attitudes were conservative, so who better to attack than Bill Clinton, the man who knocked the elder George Bush out of the oval office. Rather than focus on the poor performance of the Republicans since 1988 it was easier to sell hate to the masses of people who don't read newspapers and don't think for themselves. In doing so, the big winner was Rush Limbaugh, who had money pouring in from everywhere. The more outlandish his rhetoric about minorities, women or Democrats, the larger his cult grew. At this point he's become a caricature of himself, always reaching for something more absurd and more hateful than what he's already done.

I was actually looking forward to the right wing coming out of the woodwork to attack Clinton. Interestingly enough, I think Bush's gracious gesture yesterday took the wind out of their sails a bit...