Axe

Cerebral_Assassin

Back a few years ago I bought an album by a band called "Axe", the album was titled "Nemesis". I had never heard of this band, at least I didn't think I had. My God from the opening chords of the first cut "Heat In The Street" all the way through to the final cut entitled "Masquerade" this whole album just blew me away.

Later when I went looking for other albums by this band did I realize they were the ones who did the song "Rock n Roll Party In The Streets" which I had heard on an FM station so many times. I don't understand why this band never really made it.

The lineup consisted of Bobby Barth - vocals and guitar, Michael Osbourne - guitar and vocals, Edgar Riley Jr. - keyboards and vocals, Teddy Mueller - drums, Wayne Haner - bass. Here's a little info about them I'll CCP from another website.

Axe was formed in 1978 from the ashes of a mid-western band called Babyface. They began recording their first album, "Axe," in 1979 and started a tour that lasted until 1984. Their second album, "Livin On The Edge," followed in 1980. In 1981, Axe changed labels and recorded "Offering" for ATCO Atlantic featuring the hit "Rock and Roll Party In the Streets." The song reached #59 on the Billboard charts of the most-played-songs in 1982, and became a nationwide rock anthem. After 18 months of touring with the likes of Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest, The Scorpions, ZZ Top and Motley Crue, it was time to record the fourth Axe album - "Nemesis." Continued success meant more touring and writing new songs for the fifth album. However, tragedy struck the band when Mike Osborne was killed and Bobby Barth was seriously injured in a car crash. This accident led to Barth disbanding Axe and later joining Blackfoot. After his stint with Blackfoot, Barth took his talents to Australia to join Angry Anderson (Rose Tattoo), hitting the Top 5 on the Australian charts. In recent years, Barth has emerged as a renowned producer of melodic rock. Axe has reformed with original members Barth, Edgar Riley and Teddy Mueller, and now with Bob Harris (Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, Warren Zevon, Ant Bee) adding his talents on keyboards and lead vocals.

If you haven't heard anything from this band I recommend you do, especially if you like some good hard driving rock n roll along with some great melodic ballads.

I'll admit I bought the "Nemesis" album because the front was ugly but the picture of the band on the back, well.....Bobby Barth has this pissed off look on his face, and I thought to myself, "I bet this mudderfudder can rock".

Like I said, if you get a chance, check them out.....I think you'll be pleased.