Yardbirds Rumour

DudeAsInCool

Rumor has it that Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page are reuniting for an album and a tour. With Beck and Clapton playing at the Crossroads Guitar Festival together, me thinks that this could be real possibility. A friend of mine told me that a friend of hers was managing the Yardbirds, which brought up the question...

Wouldnt that be something?

OK, I'll throw some cold water on the enthusiasm....it's overkill...too many lead guitars. Kinda like having 3 Michael Jordans on your basketball team.

Almost like watching the Lakers :bigsmile:

listening to the yardbirds album " birdland " as we speak....i`d love to see jeff beck live though...what a killer guitarist......

fav yardbirds track?...." i`m a man " and "stroll on " from the soundtrack of the Michelangelo Antonioni 1966 movie " blow-up "....i`d recommend the movie to anyone who wants to see page, beck and clapton at full speed on stage in the yardbirds heyday....

For Birdland, they recruited several special guests for a collection of both new and classic Yardbirds tomes. Joining the rave-up is none other than the band's second guitarist, Jeff Beck, who lays down his dexterous rough and tumble style on a new Dreja blues number called "My Blind Life." And then there's this seemingly endless list of next-generation hotshot guitar heroes: Slash, Steve Vai, Brian May, Joe Satriani, Steve Lukather, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, and anyone else who ever strummed a six-stringer and thought that they too could one day be a Yardbird. Without all the extra help, the five-member core does an admirable job on stuff like "I'm Not Talking" and "Mr. You're A Better Man Than I." But when you have Vai sailing around the fretboard on "Shapes Of Things," Slash cutting loose on "Over Under Sideways Down," and a song written with Relf in mind called "An Original Man (A Song For Keith)" to close the album, Birdland is, for better or worse, the consummate tribute to the legacy like no other.

Artist: Yardbirds

Title: Stroll On

Keith Relf / Jeff Beck / Jimmy Page / Chris Dreja / Jim McCarty)

I`m Strollin' on,

'Cos it's all gone,

The reason why.

You made me cry,

By tellin' me,

You didn't see.

The future bore,

Our love no more.

If you want to know,

I love you so,

And I don't want to let you go.

I'm strollin' on,

Gonna make you see.

I'm strollin' on,

You'll find you really love me.

I'm strollin' on,

Be your turn to cry.

I'm strollin' on,

You wish you'd never lied.

You're going to change your mind,

But you ain't gonna find,

Any more of my kind.

I'm strollin' on,

'Cos it's all gone,

The reason why.

You made me cry,

By tellin' me,

You didn't see.

The future bore,

Our lovin' no more.

If you want to know,

I love you so,

I don't want to let you go.

I'm strollin' on,

Gonna make you see.

I'm strollin' on,

You'll find you really love me.

I'm strollin' on,

Be your turn to cry.

I'm strollin' on,

You wish you'd never lied.

You're going to change your mind,

But you ain't gonna find,

Any more of my kind

post-7-1086592895.jpg

Edited by kiwibank

Nice post :good job:

I always liked 'For Your Love', Smoke Stack Lightning, and of course, Shape of Things and I'm a Man. You can listen to 'For Your Love' here :)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...product-details

post-7-1086593173.jpg

Rumor has it that Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page are reuniting for an album and a tour. With Beck and Clapton playing at the Crossroads Guitar Festival together, me thinks that this could be real possibility. A friend of mine told me that a friend of hers was managing the Yardbirds, which brought up the question...

Wouldnt that be something?

I'm there Dude!

I have some old Yardbirds on vinyl...I really need to get a working turntable again!