Bitoogle:torrent search engine

Wolfie

IVe only searched for one thing so far but it was- in my opinion- almost miraculously easy to find a torrent that I had been searching for throughout the last few monthes. I didnt realize smash made it until you mentioned it ken but he certainly gets my respect. Im glad he kept on keeping on with the coding- this torrent search just proves he's got the talent.

His skills were never in question.

never meant to imply that they were. in fact, I havent heard anything of smash since he developed that ill fated p2p program 3 or however many years ago and many people were giving him shit and otherwise discouraging him- once to the point that I believe he wanted to quit as I reacll. I said what I said as I was recalling how I was one of the few (that I recall) encouraging him at that point.

so like I said, Im glad he's kept on at it. this just proves to all those naysayers from back when that he has what it takes.

Edited by gorphon

He developed the original Zeropaid chat system. He worked frequently on Smash's world, and he also has out a program called lan2p.

http://www.lan2p.com/

never meant to imply that they were.

Never meant to imply, that you implied that!

I was a little disappointed in Smash because of his contempt for the IRC channel #zeropaid, when it started becoming popular. Everyone abandon his chat program and chose to use #zeropaid, then Moony and others came up with an idea to link the two, out of good faith, but Smash became resentful, and started flaming and it just really snowballed.

I agree, some did give him a very hard time (grab_grab_the_haddock being one person), but he wasn't completely innocent.

I think people overlooked that his program actually worked. I didn't mind using it, it was just that once I got on, there were only one or two other people using it.

No doubt about it, it worked. Again, talents not in question.

But people made a choice to use #zeropaid, not out of contempt, but just because, for whatever reason. I'm just saying he could have handled it a little better, but that's over and done with. He's moved on to other very nice projects which many people use and enjoy.

No harm done.