New Megadeth Song

Tic3

While the final mix has not been decided, Dave Mustaine has announced that the new CD should be available for release sometime in September of this year.

To give fans a little taste of what's to come, a song from the new CD is available at Megadeth.com. The song is titled "Kick The Chair"Click the link below, give a listen, and post your comments.

http://www.megadeth.com/ktc

Enjoy!

Tic3

Edited by Tic3

It's not bad. As far as I know, that is the first Megadeth song I've ever listened too, although I really don't know why I've never checked them out. I guess I associated them with Metallica, and since I never cared for Metallica, I just never bothered. I'm sure I'll end up getting some Megadeth into my collection eventually.

This is wonderful news! I'll give the song a listen as soon as I can. Mr. C., don't hold yourself back by associating Megadeth with Metallica. IMO, they are nothing alike. For the heavier stuff go Rust in Peace and earlier. For more of the mainstream sound, go Cryptic Writings and forward.

Being a fan for almost 20 years now, I have much to share about Mr. Mustaine and crew.

:psychofun:

Lord_of_the_Dense is absolutely right. Megadeth only compares to Metallica 'cause Dave played guitar for them in the beginning.

Megadeth has some really great music. In my opinion, the music can be divided into three or four distict periods.

The first couple cd's - Peace Sells (But Who's Buyin'), Killing Is My Business (and Business Is Good), and So Far So Good So What - are raw and angry and from the heart.

The next couple cd's - Rust In Peace, Countdown to Extinction, and Youthanasia - are much more technical and melodic.

The next couple cd's - Cryptic Writings and Risk - are experimental and lean a bit towards the commercial and modern.

On the last couple cd's - Capitol Punishment and The World Needs A Hero - it seems like Dave has kind of given up. With the exception of just a couple songs, the music is pretty bland and uninspired.

The new song does lean a bit towards the earlier stuff, so if you liked the song, you might check out Peace Sells or So Far So Good.

I think Youthanasia and Rust in Peace are Megadeth's greatest work, and are my favorites.

Tic3

Tic, I think you pretty much hit it on the head with your summation.

The first 3 albums were debut and angry. It was an angry time from an angry man who, along with his band, had many problems to get through.

When Rust in Peace came out, it was a whole new world (not like Aladdin!). I was in the field in Texas training while Desert Storm was going on. Let me tell you that all I could think about was how Dave hit it on the head with "Holy Wars...The Punishment Due." I played the crap outta that cassette in my APC.

Anyways, with r.i.p., I think they found their element. Marty and Nick were the guys for the job.

David Ellefson (bass) was given much more leeway on Countdown to Extinction. Youthanasia was a welcome addition and was a natural successor to C.T.E. (Not to mention the cover art!)

Cryptic Writings was the beginning of the downfall for me. I found enough to still enjoy the band and album, but Risk was more than aptly named. I wanted to cry when I heard "Breadline." For me, it's the band's biggest downfall and I can't help but cringe whenever I encounter it. "In My Darkest Hour" it was not.

I don't really consider greatest hit albums or compilations when it comes to considering the band's growth (or lack thereof). I think there were 2 new songs on Capital Punishment which, IMO, were both good.

Speaking of which, I think that album is pretty damn good. I can't say much for DeGrasso. I think Menza will always be the premier drummer of Megadeth. Pitrelli did great on the Savatage albums and I think he did well on this one. Kinda reminds me of the Vinnie Vincent look though. Dunno why, maybe the hair or something.

And it is just me, or does the last song "When" on that album have a similarity to "Am I Evil?" The chords are changed a little, but everything seems to fall into place. I can actually sing all the way into the first chorus of "Am I Evil" when I listen to it. Seems like "Mechanix" has come back to haunt us. :blink:

The song listed above has been changed. They are now featuring a "Blackmail The Universe" clip. Sounds good though I wish I had listened to the other one before it was removed. Oh well. Guess it will just be more of a surprise.

last I herd dave sweard he would never have anything to do with megadeth again, good to hear there back hope it isent crap like crptic writings was--- give me a countdown like album anyday, a so far so good like album would be better tho

that trust song fuckin sucked on crytic