Disney Blocks Michael Moore's Anti-Bush Film

What touchy subject has he really raised?
No one had ever done an in depth story on corporate irresponsibility and the abandonment of loyal, hard working corporate communities like Flynt, Michigan, when he did his expose of General Motors. And I'd like to see how he handles the Bush relationship with the Saudi's and Bin Laden.

Did you know that Prescott in the Bush family was an arms salesman to the Middle East, and that he was involved in the partioning off of Kuwait from Iraq--the Bush family has been involved with the conflicts there for decades, and keeps dragging this country into this mess. Kevin Phillips (a Republican by the way--this administration doesnt get along well with moderate Republicans) expounds on the subject in his book The Bush Dynasty--I'm curious to see how Michael Moore covers it. There certainly hasnt been alot of stories done on it in the National Press.

And can anyone tell me why it was okay for the Bin Laden family members in America to be able to fly out of this country after 911 without being interviewed, when the rest of the nation's airports were closed. I dont know if Moore will cover this or not--I still think its stinks and I'd like to hear some opinions from others, particularly the conservative members here.

... the academy voters are made up of people in hollywood which are known to be skewed to the left

lol. just because we hail from Hollywood and on the left doesn't mean that we are wrong... :duck hunt: :duck hunt: :duck hunt: You better call on Redneck pretty soon 'cause this war on words is getting heated :o OMG--I'm surrounded by conservatives--at BK!!!! Where are all the damned liberals on this site tonite????!!! I'm being out flanked by all sides :reallymad:

I'm gonna go with NullsRevenge on this one. Just because you are from Hollywood or because you lean left does not in and of itself make you wrong. I agree with what Null said in that Hollywood leans left and the academy voters lean left as well. I don't believe you would have gotten that vote if it had been made up of ordinary citizens from the south. Who's right or who's wrong? I think Null is correct in what he said about Hollywood leaning left. I also agree with what he said about Moore's garbage. It is just propaganda from a nut. I should know. I'm a nut too. (notice below avatar) :lol:

F*ck this s*hit! I ain't going down easy:

:duck hunt: :shootin: :duck hunt: :shootin: :duck hunt: :shootin:

post-23-1083827232_thumb.jpg

And where are all the damned liberals on this site tonite????!!!

I agree with the "damn liberal" part! :lol::lol::lol: Every time I use the word liberal......it has damn in front of it.

Nice truck!!! I see you have the new model. All I have is the old model that I bought from Wolfie. :(

Machine_gun_suburban.bmp

Nice truck!!!  I see you have the new model.  All I have is the old model that I bought from Wolfie. :(

Yeah, it's an environmentally friendly hybrid (it wont run on Texan crude), it speeds up when it hears sound reasoning & slows down when it hears seat-of-the pants conservative dribble, so it wont work for conservative drivers. It comes fully equipped with sonar & zeroes in and fires whenever it hears an opponent use the names or words 'Hollywood', 'left' or ' (damn) liberal' inappropriately. :duck hunt:

Ooooohhh. You got the cheap model. Only shoots blanks and bullshit. You have to push it around. My old model will run on anything. Crude, white lightning, damn liberal methane....you name it! :lol:

Redneck--why the hell would you want to put white lightening in that piece of crap when you could drink it? :lol:

sometimes you drink enuff.......you forget. ;) I see you are running down my truck cause it ain't shiny and new like yours. Uppity damn liberal hybrid enviro- goof ball! Does Moore know you are driving that? :wacko:

It's been fun.....even if you are wrong.......lol I gotta go to bed ......goodnite!

Another article about this comes from BBC NEWS:

Disney 'blocks' Moore documentary

Michael Moore will give the film its world premiere in Cannes

Controversial director Michael Moore has said film studio Disney is refusing to release his new documentary, which heavily criticises President Bush.

Fahrenheit 911 was to be distributed by Miramax, a division of Disney.

But Disney has "officially decided to prohibit" Miramax from distributing the film, the director said on his website.

Moore, who won an Oscar for Bowling for Columbine in 2003, questioned whether in a "free and open society" Disney should be making such a decision.

Fahrenheit 911 links Mr Bush with powerful families in Saudi Arabia, including that of Osama Bin Laden, and attacks his actions before and after 11 September.

Some people may be afraid of this movie because of what it will show

Watch Michael Moore give his reaction

Miramax, run by Hollywood moguls Harvey and Bob Weinstein, agreed to distribute the documentary but Disney signalled it was not happy with the deal.

Disney bought Miramax 10 years ago but retained the rights to block films it deemed against its interests, such as adult-rated films.

But the New York Times said Miramax did not agree this was a situation where that clause should be invoked.

"For nearly a year, this struggle has been a lesson in just how difficult it is in this country to create a piece of art that might upset those in charge," Moore said on his official site.

Michael Eisner is chief executive of Disney

"Some people may be afraid of this movie because of what it will show.

"But there's nothing they can do about it now because it's done, it's awesome, and if I have anything to say about it, you'll see it this summer - because, after all, it is a free country."

Miramax spokesman Matthew Hilzik told the New York Times: "We are discussing the issues with Disney. We're looking at our options and look forward to resolving this amicably."

But Zenia Mucha, a Disney spokesman, said: "We advised both [Moore's] agent and Miramax in May of 2003 that the film would not be distributed. That decision stands."

Publicity

The BBC's Jackie Long says the public stand-off surrounding the new film has laid the groundwork for its world premiere at the all-important Cannes Film Festival.

Disney accuses Mr Moore of engineering the dispute for maximum publicity ahead of the event, by waiting until now to publicly announce Disney's decision over the film.

Moore's agent, Ari Emanuel, says Disney and its chief executive Michael Eisner fears a loss of tax breaks if it backs the film's release in the US.

No date has been set for a US release.

post-23-1083830786.jpg

Where are all the damned liberals on this site tonite????!!! I'm being out flanked by all sides

here i am *waves* just trying to wake up, for a change. :lol: i personally think that what MM's done is terrific but i'm terribly biased as everyone knows. (bring on the dissent!)

Moore does get a bit carried away when he is bent on proving his point in his movies, but being 'a damned liberal' I do agree with the basic issues he points out. If its released anywhere outside the US it'll hit p2p circuit pretty soon and beomes available for watching in the US too. That would be one movie the MPAA would not mind losing money due to piracy. :lol:

As far as Disney is concerned is a purely political move which does not come as huge surprise. Big business has always catered to the political group in power at the time which is really nothing new.