Rap Mogul Suge Knight Released From Jail

Marion "Suge" Knight, the founder of Death Row records, has been released from prison after serving 10 months for breaking his parole on a 1997 assault.

"Model inmate" Knight was released from Mule Creek State Prison in California on Thursday, said a prison spokeswoman.

Knight was sent back to prison on 4 August for a second parole violation after he punched a parking attendant outside a Hollywood nightclub in 2003. Knight said on Monday he plans to make a charity album for soldiers' families.

Knight's Death Row Records label, which he founded after a failed career as a football player, became a huge success in the early 1990s.

It boasted rap stars such as Dr Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg and Shakur, and brought the so-called "gangsta" rap style into the mainstream.

The label is now known as Tha Row.

Knight still faces a federal investigation into the 1997 murder of rapper Christopher Wallace, known as Notorious B.I.G. or Biggie Small.

Wallace's murder followed the shooting of rapper Tupac Shakur, who was shot dead in Las Vegas while riding in a car driven by Knight in September 1996.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3655221.stm

He's a piece of shit, scum bag of a human being.

He's an overly aggressive mafia-like man, who I suspect is also a murderer.

I'm sure he's killed at least a handful of people.

I hope he gets hit by a bus, stepping off a curb.

:rofl: I've actually met the guy--several times. He has a good sense of humor and a real knowledge of the music business. Don't know what to say about his gang connections--I wouldnt go there... Other than Tupac, Im not a big fan of the music. But I really think he's more a scapegoat for the feds, than as criminal as he markets himself