Wassup for the 10/16- 10/18/09 Weekend?

DudeAsInCool

Havent posted here in this thread for awhile - I've been buuuussssssssyyyy B) In any event, the weekend is crammed with dinners, reading, writing and trip to Laguna Beach - a welcome respite from the rain we received earlier in the week in LA.

WhatAboutYou???

E6E6E6
101010wn35Ip4quB

Sugar - The Wooden Birds

I bought 4 more hard drives yesterday. (Seagate 1.5TB 7200rpm) I have never had a Seagate drop dead. I picked the 7200 rpm model over the 5900 rpm model because it isn't variable speed, energy conserving or made in China. I already have 5 of the 7200rpm models in the 1.5TB size along with many more of the same type in smaller sizes and really have liked them. It costs $10 more for each one but I figured it was worth it. I'll pay $40 more to get 4 of the non-Chinese, more reliable model.

Go figger. 2 of the 4 hard drives were junk. I could hear them clicking within a couple of seconds of hitting the power button. The computer wouldn't even boot up since it recognized the drives but they wouldn't work at all. I took the 2 back for replacements. All 4 are spinning now without any problems. Next time I may save the 10 bucks and get the China model. I started to buy some Hitachi drives last week when they were on sale. I may have made a mistake in passing them up. I have a couple of 5 yr old Hitachi drives that worked fine until I removed them last October because they were only 250 or 300 gigs each. I went with Seagate because I have at least 15 of them without a failure. I have had several Western Digital and Maxtor drives drop dead. In fact, the great hard drive crash of Christmas '06 was a less than 90 day old Maxtor that was the only drive I didn't have backed up. That was also the last time I had a drive puke. In 2 months I will be at the 3rd anniversary of my last hard drive funeral. I think this is the first time I have ever gone 2 years without a hard drive death. I guess I'm living on borrowed time.

Wassup for the rest of the weekend?? Pirate my ass off, back up my ill gotten booty, acid test the new hard drives and cap liberals..... in reverse order. :lol:

I average something over 5 gigs a day but I don't pay attention. I know that I hit over 20 gigs on each of 3 days last week. The last couple of weeks have probably totalled 200 plus gigs but generally I get far less. Somewhere around half that much.

Joe, you need a faster connection. Your screenshot shows dialup speed. I guess you are still running dsl 6meg connection? I would think that you could cut the download time to only a few hundred years. :lol:

Joe, you need a faster connection. Your screenshot shows dialup speed. I guess you are still running dsl 6meg connection? I would think that you could cut the download time to only a few hundred years. :lol:

Instead of d/loading the whole internet RD should just start with a backup of the Pirate Bay site, weighing in at a slim 21.3 Gigabytes of data...The backup includes a mockup site and all of the 873,671 torrent files hosted on The Pirate Bay’s servers.... :pirate5:

http://torrentfreak.com/download-a-copy-of...ts-gone-090816/

Instead of d/loading the whole internet RD should just start with a backup of the Pirate Bay site, weighing in at a slim 21.3 Gigabytes of data...The backup includes a mockup site and all of the 873,671 torrent files hosted on The Pirate Bay’s servers.... :pirate5:

21 gigs isn't much at all. I have never messed with torrents but I thought Pirate Bay hosted many more times that amount.

utorrent is my internet drug of choice mate.... :lol:

arrrhh matey! The torrent sea is full of treasure.....and lots of pirates! :lol:

Sometimes I am searching for something and I will find it is available on a torrent. I just never messed with torrents or news groups. Lots of files I get from other places originated from torrents. People get it from torrents and then upload it to RapidShare or similar file host and then post the links.

I'm a "link pirate". :lol:

btw, another somewhat slow day since I have been busy with other stuff. So far I have pirated 5.5 gigs of music. No vids, documentaries, movies.

It has reached the point that a little over half of the albums I get are lossless. :thumbsup: