So Long Desktop PC, You Suck

KiwiCoromandel

Desktop PCs have been in decline for a decade, and countless people have said their piece about it. But new evidence suggests the desktop tower's death spiral is underway—and we're not too broken up about it.

read more: http://gizmodo.com/5301401/so-long-desktop-pc-you-suck

source: GIZMODO

image: Fair Use/photobucket: DESKTOP PC...past use-by date?

post-193-1246327440_thumb.jpg

I disagree. Notebooks have battery and reliability issues and I ain't switchin'. Long live my PC.

You don't have a PC. You have a Mac. :lol:

I don't have a laptop/notebook or whatever. If I can't hook up a dozen hard drives I don't need it.

You don't have a PC. You have a Mac. :lol:

I don't have a laptop/notebook or whatever. If I can't hook up a dozen hard drives I don't need it.

Mac or PC, they're all times to self-deconstruct so we buy the latest updated one. :sad:

Mac or PC, they're all times to self-deconstruct so we buy the latest updated one. :sad:

I run mine till it drops dead from motherboard failure then upgrade. The full size case I have is the only part left from 10 yrs ago. It still has the original 3.5" floppy drive that hasn't been used in yrs. Everything else has been changed including the fans.

I'm still trying to get my money's worth out of the case. If it last about 5 more yrs I figger that I succeeded. :lol:

I run mine till it drops dead from motherboard failure then upgrade. The full size case I have is the only part left from 10 yrs ago. It still has the original 3.5" floppy drive that hasn't been used in yrs. Everything else has been changed including the fans.

I'm still trying to get my money's worth out of the case. If it last about 5 more yrs I figger that I succeeded. :lol:

Five years!!!!

It's kinda hard to wear out a case. It has no moving parts or electronics. How do you wear something that sits in one place and doesn't do anything?

...sits in one place and doesn't do anything.... sounds like a liberal to me. :lol:

Notebooks are portable and I guess that is handy as heck but the keyboard and the monitor are too small. I have my "mainframe" hooked into the home surround sound system and have several hard drives running. A portable computer is not for me. I may eventually get one as a part time, handy add-on thing but it wouldn't get used much.

and liberals don't really flip-flop that much. Mostly they just go from one flop to the next flop. Kinda a flop-flop thingie. :lol:

Some get a little hotter than others it seems.

I'd like to have the "no flames" model please.....even if it is made of asbestos.

kinda adds new meaning to the phrase, "I'll burn you a disc." :lol:

Edited by Redneck4sure

Some get a little hotter than others it seems.

I'd like to have the "no flames" model please.....even if it is made of asbestos.

kinda adds new meaning to the phrase, "I'll burn you a disc." :lol:

it was "hotter than hell"

it`s now "hotter than Dell"... :lol: :lol:

post-193-1246412862_thumb.png