Wassup for The 6/12- 6/14/09 Weekend?

DudeAsInCool

Gonna watch some of the Bonnaroo Festival @ The ATT Blue Room this weekend. Lakers on my plate for Sunday. Dinner with a bud planned for Sat. night. Hope to get some tennis in if the weather finally clears up here in LA.

Who can top that this weekend? :lol:

As usual, I don't have a plan. My back has been bothering me all week to the point of I have pretty much stayed in bed. It is a little better today. If it continues to improve I may get out this weekend but yardwork is not likely to be on the agenda. I am leaning towards contacting the dr. next week that did my back surgery a few yrs ago if he is still around. I really think I am going to have to get another surgery. The first one was a piece of cake and lasted for several years but my back has been deteriorating since last summer. I'd trade my front row seat in Hell if I could get the dr in Alabama that converted me to "Titanium Man" to do it. He's 700 miles away and not on my insurance plan so that presents two major problems. But at least I have insurance. I think they have almost gotten over paying for the "Titanium Man" fiasco. Then again, maybe not. :lol:

Health insurance.....gotta love it!! :wub:

As usual, I don't have a plan. My back has been bothering me all week to the point of I have pretty much stayed in bed. It is a little better today. If it continues to improve I may get out this weekend but yardwork is not likely to be on the agenda. I am leaning towards contacting the dr. next week that did my back surgery a few yrs ago if he is still around. I really think I am going to have to get another surgery. The first one was a piece of cake and lasted for several years but my back has been deteriorating since last summer. I'd trade my front row seat in Hell if I could get the dr in Alabama that converted me to "Titanium Man" to do it. He's 700 miles away and not on my insurance plan so that presents two major problems. But at least I have insurance. I think they have almost gotten over paying for the "Titanium Man" fiasco. Then again, maybe not. :lol:

You could always resort to getting a wooden peg leg like your fellow Pirates :lol:

thinking of you, Redneck4sure ... backaches no fun, hope you be feeling better ...

no real plans for me, just enjoying weather of today ... just got back from my sis abode ... she & bf just bought new place ... well, new to them ... i like it, cute place ... congrats, sis & sis-bf!! ... :tongue:

Sounds like you should carry a few less guns on a daily basis.

Hope they can patch your body if not mind. :lol:

Both daughters are having their soccer tourneys this weekend. So far the highlight was the 8 a.m. game.

My six year old's team isn't the world's premiere soccer club. It's the under age 8 group and the majority of the team is made up of 6 year olds. 3 players and a goalie on the field at a time. And among them, I don't suppose my daughter is the shining star that makes the world keep going but neither is she the sole reason they haven't won a game this year. She's a tiny little lass that most of the time feels that running is something others should do.

Nearing the end of the game she did run back to her own goal to offer support as the opposing team approached the net. She stopped short about 6 feet from the goal line. One of the more "go-getter" girls from her own team also came barreling back and in the rush ran smack into my girl leaving them both in a heap. The other team put the ball in and the coach called for a line change.

That's when my amusement began. The other girl made it back to our team's sidelines first. Once there, she turned and gave about as dirty a look at my daughter as a 6 year old can manage. My daughter kept her course over toward us, but raised one little fist and gave it her college best try at offering a menacing threat to her teammate.

That's my girl.

She confided once we were well away from the game and her mother that the everything was the other girl's fault.

Thanks deb! Gloria Gaynor and I have something in common. "We will survive". :lol:

Shawn, you may be right! My back may feel better if I only carry a couple of guns and one case of ammo. I never considered that may be the problem. :o

It sounds to me like MoodyBlue and Shawn have the best deal going with deb possibly having a very good time.

I am tied with Kiwi for next to last place in the fun dept. It seems that he isn't having much fun either.

Dude is obviously ragin' :dancer7: but what can be expected when you live in Cullifornie. :lol:

good story shawn...oh yes red....my weekend has certainly gotten better..i was having dinner and one of my teeth chipped and then broke right off...i`m off to the dentist tommorrow...we used to call the dentist the "murder house" at school....

good story shawn...oh yes red....my weekend has certainly gotten better..i was having dinner and one of my teeth chipped and then broke right off...i`m off to the dentist tommorrow...we used to call the dentist the "murder house" at school....

That's a different type of cap than Red usually talks about :lol:

how`s that for a developed western society...can`t get a bloody dentist appointment till next wednesday...one of the downsides of living in a rural area..

Yes, you could be living in a rural area in a third world country and live your entire life without seeing a dentist. :lol: