‘Golden Girls’ star Bea Arthur dies at 86

Tony Award-winner ‘was a brilliant and witty woman

LOS ANGELES - Beatrice Arthur, the tall, deep-voiced actress whose razor-sharp delivery of comedy lines made her a TV star in the hit shows "Maude" and "The Golden Girls" and who won a Tony Award for the musical "Mame," died Saturday. She was 86.

Arthur died peacefully at her Los Angeles home with her family at her side, family spokesman Dan Watt said. She had cancer, Watt said, declining to give further details.

:link:

vdnuxe.jpg

"Golden Girls" star Bea Arthur first appeared in the landmark comedy series "All in the Family" as Edith Bunker's outspoken, liberal cousin, Maude Finley. She proved a perfect foil for blue-collar bigot Archie Bunker (Carroll O'Connor), and their blistering exchanges were so entertaining that producer Norman Lear fashioned Arthur's own series.

read more: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/ne...jectid=10568813

source: NZPA

image: Fair Use/media.photobucket.com: BEA ARTHUR

post-193-1240797067_thumb.jpg

I liked those shows but I really liked "All In The Family". Archie Bunker was my kind of guy.....reasonable, considerate, open minded, politically correct.....

I once dated a woman who was living with Edith (Jean Stapleton) - spoke to her a couple of times on the phone ... for about 10 seconds :lol:

I once dated a woman who was living with Edith (Jane Stapleton) - spoke to her a couple of times on the phone ... for about 10 seconds :lol:

10 seconds of you was all she could stand??? :lol:

btw, I thought it was Jean Stapleton but I ain't gonna look it up. I don't figger I will ever get to speak to her so I don't need to know. :lol:

10 seconds of you was all she could stand??? :lol:

btw, I thought it was Jean Stapleton but I ain't gonna look it up. I don't figger I will ever get to speak to her so I don't need to know. :lol:

She was offended because i confused her with Maureen :lol:

Jean it is. Pray tell, why did you ask? :unsure:

"Hello? ..... wtf do you want? As soon as I hang up I am going to call the police!"

...yep. I see how that 10 sec phone call went..... :lol:

almost. i was a studio exec then - she had to bite her tongue :lol:

"Hello? ..... wtf do you want? As soon as I hang up I am going to call yo mama!"

Is that more like it? :lol:

that only happens to the Kosher folks :lol: