Wassup For The 10/17-20/08 Weekend?

DudeAsInCool

Having another hard drive replaced in my computer. Are there any reliable hardwared companies these days? :mad2: To top it off its been in the 90s here all week.

Will return with much spam tomorrow some time ... Hope your week has been better than mine.

Wassup with you all?

I have those fail frequently. I am running quite a few. If you are buying cheapo drives I recommend Seagate. The computer guy at where I work says the same thing. Maxtor & Western Digital drives seem to have a higher failure rate. (He maintains hundreds of company computers) Seagate bought out Maxtor a couple of years ago so I don't know if there is any difference in them anymore. I have a couple of other brands but only one or two of each. None of the odd-ball brands have failed but I have very few so it's hard to get a feel for the failure rate.

If you want fewer failures in your boot drive you may find it worth the money to buy a Western Digital Raptor. They are more for commercial/heavy duty (runs all the time) use. They have cooling fins built into the case and turn at 10,000 rpm instead of 7200. I haven't priced them lately and you rarely see them in the sale papers. They run 2 or 3 times in price as to what a similar size run of the mill hard drive cost if I remember correctly (what are the odds? lol).

My son takes care of my boot drive failures so I don't have a Raptor myself. All I have are the cheapo drives. I always have extra drives around the house and I have the boot drive ghosted with Norton Ghost so a drive failure is no big deal. Now that he has gotten married and moved out I will have a little more trouble getting my computer up and running. I think I will buy some high end drive like the Raptor next time C drive pukes. A hard drive failure as long as it isn't the boot drive (C-drive) is nothing since I have everything backed up on another drive. I have changed C-drive in the past but I had so many problems that I hate to mess with it. My son is guru so I dump it on him.

Moving on.....as for the weekend.....I plan to sit around again with my foot propped up some more. I intend to rub the dog and scratch my butt as needed....about the same as the last several weeks. :lol:

The dog will soon be bald. I think I have about rubbed the hair off of him.

But it seems no matter how much I scratch my butt the hair stays the same. You wanna see pics?? :lol:

You might consider getting your dawg some propecia, red :lol: Picked up my computer today. They replaced the hard drive and i didnt lose any info--thank god for that. But... they forgot to reinstall the memory and I still have a keyboard/mouse issue & I am getting read squiggly lines on anything on the screen that is black! GRRRRRR :sad:

I could rent you my son if you lived in the trailer park. He could fix it right now, real quick and in a hurry.

Instead you have to deal with some Californie mofo. :lol:

I just noticed it's been 24 hours and not one person has wanted the pics I mentioned in the above post. :o

I am sooooo disappointed. :sad:

I could rent you my son if you lived in the trailer park. He could fix it right now, real quick and in a hurry.

Instead you have to deal with some Californie mofo. :lol:

I just noticed it's been 24 hours and not one person has wanted the pics I mentioned in the above post. :o

I am sooooo disappointed. :sad:

What pics? :o

The ones of his hairy ass!!

:o

It's been 2 full days and nobody requested a high resolution close up pic. :sad:

Their loss.

What is really sad is that my offer seems to have killed this thread. Nobody wants to post here this week. :lol:

I went up on a deer hunt this past weekend. I decided to go hike around on the next little valley and try to push some deer over the ridge to where my buddies were waiting for something. I ended taking one of my friends little 10 year old boy with me.

Well we ended up circling around and ended up in the wrong little canyon. Sorta lost, but I knew the area well enough that I knew we were just over one too many canyons. I also knew what direction we needed to hike to get out of there. Anyway what was supposed to be an quick hour long hike around and back to the road ended up being a 6 hour hike through some nasty terrain. Everyone else that was in our group (about 10 guys) was out looking for us. The boys dad was worried as hell. Imagining all sorts of terrible scenarios.

But we made it out alright. A long hike and a couple of scratches and a big blister is all the damage done. And nobody ended up baggin a deer.