Shur-I-Kan: Twist EP [Urban//Torque Recordings]

Urban//Torque Recordings

shurikantwistepii1.jpg

Shur-I-Kan: Twist EP [urban//Torque Recordings]

1.‘Gripper’

2. ‘Twist’

3.‘Gripper’ (Shur-i-Kan’s Reprise)

Freerange legend Shur-i-Kan has sidled over to Urban Torque to twist out an epic EP. He’s delivered three simmering, dramatic and emotionally-charged cuts. Whilst ‘Gripper’ is sublime and euphoric, ‘Twist’ is devilishly entrancing and the Reprise of ‘Gripper’ is enigmatically deep. The musicality, impact and poignancy of the ‘Twist EP’ are second to none. We don’t like to overstate our case, but this really should be one of the biggest records of 2008!

1. ‘Gripper’ – House music loud and proud; ‘Gripper’ is an unashamedly BIG, riveting, euphoric, spirit-lifting, anthemic dancefloor bomb.

2. ‘Twist’– An entrancing, treacherous tech house tempest that elusively slips and slides to a torrent of percussion.

3. ‘Gripper’ (Shur-i-Kan’s Reprise) – Shur-i-Kan’s Reprise is a canny and enigmatically deep cut that captivatingly oscillates and emotively shifts key.

Shur-i-Kan’s trademark blend of musicality with cutting edge electronic production has been turning heads and gaining fans for a number of years now. An accomplished keyboard player, he cut his teeth working in various jazz-funk bands in London and is a long-time member of improvisional dance super-group, The Bays. As a producer, Shur-i-Kan was first discovered by legendary DJ, Tom Middleton (Jedi Knights, Global Communication), who released his debut track ‘Niomi's Dream’ on the seminal ‘Jedi's Night Out’ compilation for Mixmag.

Shur-i-Kan has been a key contributor to Jimpsters’ Freerange Records, a relationship that sprouted with the dreamy jazz-influenced ‘Advance’ (2001), and the more dance-orientated follow-up album, ‘Waypoints’ (2004), and which continued with a string of classic house EPs including ‘Living Inside’, ‘I Want It’, ‘Special Powers’ and ‘Future Fantasy’. More recently, Shur-i-Kan has begun venturing into techier territory with his much-lauded ‘Berlin Rising EP’ on Defected imprint, Physical Graffiti, and forthcoming releases on Urban Torque, Freerange and Winding Road Records.

Reactions:

Silicon Soul - Craig “Really love this! Quality deep action, more of this please!”

Francois DuBois “need I say more? He is one of the main players in the underground house scene...people should have a shrine in their living rooms dedicated to this maelstrom of talent. Vive le deep”

James Talk: “Twist is fantastic bro!”

Jo Mills: “absolute genius! Inspiring mood lifting House, can't wait to play it!!”

Chris Fortier: “Twist is the pick for me”

OUT NOW:

Beatport

Info:

Urbantorque Recordings

Urbantorque Recordings Myspace

Shur-I-Kan Myspace

***We've got an extra goodie for you this week! We're running a little competition for you guys, winners will receive a free copy of U//T's first mixed compilation! Click HERE for all the info.***