Office Gossip: Downtime EP [Urban//Torque]

Urban//Torque Recordings

officegossipdowntimeepjk6.jpg

Office Gossip: Downtime EP

1. Time Against Me

2. Downtime

3. Formant

The word around the watercooler is that Urban Torque have brought another deep house sensation into the fold. Nathan Boddy’s Office Gossip project has quickly become established as a force to be reckoned with in the house music scene. His debut release on Urban Torque immediately demonstrates why. All three tracks are skilfully engineered with timely breaks and structure that betray a producer who knows how to manipulate a dancefloor. With music this volatile, Office Gossip will lead to explosive outcomes.

1. ‘Time Against Me’ – A vicious, cantankerous, glitchy electro-tech assault whose urgency is softened only by wistful vocals and a deep backdrop of swirls and keys.

2. ‘Downtime’ – A tense, atmospheric journey through a jungle of echoes and tribal percussion that reaches an emphatic and exhilarating feel-good climax.

3. ‘Formant’ – Strident, dominant bass grounds this track while deep synths and dreamy pads conspire to mesmerise on top.

Through his Office Gossip project, Nathan Boddy has fast been garnering a reputation as one of the best of a new generation of deep house producers. A number of releases on Winding Road Records, the label that Nathan co-runs with John Buckby, have demanded attention, and 2007’s ‘Carbon Copy EP’ attracted an impressive set of reactions from the likes of Tom Middleton, Atjazz, Spirit Catcher, Vincenzo and Laurent Garnier. Nathan is now taking Office Gossip on the road with a live p.a. sure to take dancefloors by storm.

Reactions:

Nick Warren: “3 bloody blinders, good work fella !!!”

Laurent Garnier: “Time Against Me is really lovely, will play this a lot”

Francois Dubois/Funk D Void: really feeling the love on this release, have been a big fan for ages...deep heaven...”

Jim Rivers: time against me is a tidy little number here. nice layers of melody in this one. will play”

Scope: “been supporting this biz for ages now...Formant is by far the standout track for me here.. soulful, uplifting, funky and atmospheric.. Mr Gossip at his best!”

OUT NOW ON: Beatport

Info:

Urbantorque Recordings

Urbantorque Recordings Myspace

Office Gossip Myspace