Soundexile – Love & Tears EP [Urban//Torque Recordings]

soundexilelovetearsep1sb4.jpg

: Soundexile – Love & Tears EP

1. ‘Love Is Morphine’ (Oliverio Remix

2. ‘Love Is Morphine’ (Baunder Remix)

3. ‘Tears In My Drink’

Soundexile have mastered the balancing act. Two producers with differing influences have come together to make music that wonderfully juxtaposes the euphoric and the melancholic, combining heart-wrenching melody with meticulous techy production. Soundexile’s Oliverio and Baunder have both spun their own very different interpretations of ‘Love Is Morphine’ on this EP, and the mixes compliment each other perfectly. Add to these the spellbinding ‘Tears In My Drink’ and you have a very lethal concoction.

1. ‘Love Is Morphine’ (Oliverio Remix) Simply lush synths induce hands-in-the-air and sublimely emphatic melancholic piano stirs the soul, while percussion rolls on. Astounding and outstanding.

2. ‘Love Is Morphine’ (Baunder Remix) A moody teaser on which Baunder strips the track almost naked and ever-so-slowly re-clothes with painstaking care. Wait long enough and there will be some evocative keys and soulful synths.

3. ‘Tears In My Drink’ A fantastical, mystical, whimsical trip that plinks, plonks, plucks and twinkles. Like Super Mario on acid.

Soundexile is Oliverio & Baunder´s new music project motivated by a desire to create a different type of electronica. They’ve had previous releases on Destroy The Ego & Off Side Recordings, and one of their proudest moments so far was hearing Hernan Cattáneo open his Creamfields Buenos Aires 2007 set with their ‘Drinking The Truth’ (Triptik Music).

Reactions:

Laurent Garnier - “I like very much both deep mixes of the "Love" track. Will fit perfectly in my set”

Ben Watt - “both love is morphine mixes ace”

Nick Warren - “brilliant stuff wonderful”

Hernan Cattaneo - “you know i like this! I´m a big fan of soundexile”

Chris Fortier - “smooth deepness. tears in my drink is bigger sounding and more obvious. the oliverio mix of morphine is nice and glitchy contrast. good for early or very late

OUT NOW:

Beatport

Djdownload

Juno

Trackitdown

Info:

Urbantorque Recordings

Urbantorque Recordings Myspace

Soundexile Myspace