Night Shifts

Malicious Intent

It wasn't for the overtime Dude, I'm not getting paid anything extra.

That is why I really volunteered Method, I used to prefer nights as well. Less hassle, more responsibility and the endless rules replaced by simple common sense.

This time I seem to have ruined my sleep pattern. I have three nights off, but my sleep pattern has been destroyed. I'm crazily tired and can't concentrate on anything, However, If I try to sleep, I wake up groggy ten minutes later, like I do if I oversleep.

I'm in pieces!

That is why I really volunteered Method, I used to prefer nights as well. Less hassle, more responsibility and the endless rules replaced by simple common sense.

This time I seem to have ruined my sleep pattern. I have three nights off, but my sleep pattern has been destroyed. I'm crazily tired and can't concentrate on anything, However, If I try to sleep, I wake up groggy ten minutes later, like I do if I oversleep.

I'm in pieces!

Try this B)

I'm in pieces!

I was doing a 3 day 12 hr work week...it just ended. It wasn't working out. I know what you mean by tired all the time. My 12 hrs a day started on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday... by the time Thurs came around I was completely USELESS....slept all day...ordered out for dinner... ugh

One of hte main reasons why I did it (i was pressured) was because I wanted time with the family AT NIGHT.. have dinner together, just be home and cuddle with my youngest. Anyway, I went back to the 5-12am and I feel like a human again. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. :(

How long have you been doing it? Your body needs time to adjust. I think if I had Mon-Wed-Fri. to work, it would've been different. Waht days/hrs are you working?

lol - Thanks Dude, but ...

headache upset stomach nervousness difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep dizziness depression diarrhea runny nose dry mouth loss of appetite vomiting neck pain or stiffness confusion or forgetfulness Some side effects can be serious.

...I'll give it a miss!

Warflower - Glad I'm not the only one to suffer these shifts. I'm working 8.5 hour shifts (21:30 - 06:00), 5 nights a week. I get every other weekend off and on the alternate fortnight I get random weekdays off.

I'm only in my first week. I hope you're right and once I'm past "the wall" I'll be OK. I'm covering for a night shift manager who is off long term ill. They are currently unable to diagnose him, so there is no time scale on when he will be better.

...I'll give it a miss!

Warflower - Glad I'm not the only one to suffer these shifts. I'm working 8.5 hour shifts (21:30 - 06:00), 5 nights a week. I get every other weekend off and on the alternate fortnight I get random weekdays off.

I'm only in my first week. I hope you're right and once I'm past "the wall" I'll be OK. I'm covering for a night shift manager who is off long term ill. They are currently unable to diagnose him, so there is no time scale on when he will be better.

Fyi, they say it's a 'smart drug'. Some people took it for the very symptoms you described - see their comments

http://www.johannhari.com/archive/article.php?id=1298

http://reddit.com/info/6jkpn/comments/

...I'll give it a miss!

OOOOOO you're on the graveyard shift...that's different. Like anything else though..your body had to adjust...just get into a routine. Try to exercise when you can... you'll be ok...don't think too negatively about it because that'll make it worse...you're going to be ok>....believe it! xo