Introducing The Doctrine Project

riseofthevalk

The Doctrine Project is a browser based game of politics and war. You may sign up and begin building your State as you see fit. Focus on your industrial power and forge a military to dominate the grounds, skies and seas. Research new technology, war with others, join the mightiest of nations and more!

http://www.doctrineproject.net

Little background on this - TDP is a new project of mine that I have been working on for the past few months. I first conceived the idea in September or so and started it at the beginning of November. It's been in it's Alpha stages since around February but it's gained nearly two hundred members since then and is still steadily growing. I've just pushed it into Beta since the core of the game is complete and I figured I would post it here for you guys to check out. Maybe you might like it. I'm open to all comments, questions, suggestions and hate so feel free to throw it at me.

Edited by DudeAsInCool

Awesome. There is an overall guide for the game called DP101 located here however I am working on editing and completing it.

Thanks. Let's suppose I don't want to build armies, but instead want to control the financial infrastructure and banks... How do I go about doing that?

post-9-1208213590_thumb.jpg

This page is used to manage all your industry stuff. Keep in mind that the way to make money is your "Wage"(which is increased by the number of banks you own) multiplied by the number of workers you can produce(which is labor unions * 25). And all new players get 5 labor unions and a wage of 9(Plus 500k to start). So for your first collection you should make $1,125.

If I explained it a bit choppy the overall formula is (Wage * Labor Unions * 25 = income). That's the simple version. I should also mention that the reset time is at 7 PM EST. So if you collect and pay your taxes at 5 PM, you won't be able to do it again until two hours later.

Dude is a lover, not a fighter.

Does mean that I'm going to bomb his ass the first chance I get though!

You wont be able to afford it :lol:

Heh. I made some updates today to keep things balanced.

4-15-08 - There are now price jumps for banks and labor unions. At certain levels the upkeep price will jump up a bit, keeping it balanced for new players and old. I'll make a table with everything a little later. Some may already notice an increase in the upkeep but the numbers have been crafted carefully and you all should be able to pay it off.

Between tonight and tomorrow afternoon I'm going to be wrapping up the war system. Some pieces like air/naval technology aren't fully incorporated to the certain aerial/naval attacks. But they should be within the next twenty four hours. :)

Edited by riseofthevalk