24 States Vote Today In U.S. Presidential Primaries - Super Tuesday

DudeAsInCool

"Forty-three presidential nominating contests in 24 states. Channel upon channel of the commentators talking about exit polls. The biggest prize of the night — California — being decided well after most viewers have headed for bed. A total of 3,156 delegates allocated under arcane rules on what could be the most significant night of the 2008 campaign to date," according to the New York Times.

Read more for more details

post-9-1202227164.jpg

I was for Edwards because of his anti-corporate stance. There is little difference between Obama and Clinton on policies--I actually think Clinton is more liberal.

I posted this at Reddit yesterday:

If Obama is so anti-war, please explain to me when the turnaround occurred?

Obama says he was always against the war--but he never voted against it. After Pennsylvania Congressman John Murtha called for withdrawal from Iraq last fall, Obama rejected such a move in a speech before the Chicago Council on Foreign Relations, saying the United States needed 'to manage our exit in a responsible way—with the hope of leaving a stable foundation for the future.' ” ... In 2007, Sen. Obama voted against a timetable for withdrawing troops from Iraq.

post-9-1202227814_thumb.jpg

The only liberal candidate in there was Kucinich. Liberal is totally misunderstood in the US.

I don't want to start a political discussion though, I just think between the 2 I would choose Obama. Gravel is better but he has no chance now.

Are you voting today dude or are you one of those who just talk? :wink:

The only liberal candidate in there was Kucinich. Liberal is totally misunderstood in the US.

I don't want to start a political discussion though, I just think between the 2 I would choose Obama. Gravel is better but he has no chance now.

Are you voting today dude or are you one of those who just talk? :wink:

I walk my talk. :lol:

Hopefully some of Kucinich's ideals will be adopted in the Democratic platform. Some of us in the US really do understand what 'liberal' means

is that a yes? :wacko:

Yes - this afternoon. I have to figure out where the voting booths are - they seem to move them every election in my neighborhood

Just got back.

I think I was more interested in the Props than the candidates.

Mostly about gambling in Calfornia... you can follow the primary results HERE

Yes - this afternoon. I have to figure out where the voting booths are - they seem to move them every election in my neighborhood

There's a lot of liberal rednecks like you in California, apparently. In the early returns, Obama is being beaten badly by Hillary.

There's a lot of liberal rednecks like you in California, apparently. In the early returns, Obama is being beaten badly by Hillary.

I dont see much difference between Hillary and Obama. Whoever wins will be breath of fresh air to what we have in office now

Clinton is the projected winner in California--she took most of the delegate rich states. Obama still won the most states.

It's still generally a close race, with Obama picking up steam the longer he campaigns; he also has a bigger War $$ chest. The next primaries lean towards Obama. So the race is on, and a clear victor probably wont emerge until March or April.

Hope the tornado passes, Koop.

Clinton is the projected winner in California--she took most of the delegate rich states. Obama still won the most states.

It's still generally a close race, with Obama picking up steam the longer he campaigns; he also has a bigger War $$ chest. The next primaries lean towards Obama. So the race is on, and a clear victor probably wont emerge until March or April.

Hope the tornado passes, Koop.

We dodged the bullet here...

I'll be interested to see how Obama did in the delegate count in California, but with the size of Hillary's victory, it'll be hard for him to get as many as he hoped for. Depends on the areas he did well in.

Dont know for sure, but the projected delegates for the whole country have Hillary in the lead by about 70 votes, 760 to 690 roughly, with Hillary expected to pick up more Super Delegates than Obama.

Wow, the US voting system is ridiculous.

Anyway, it looks like Obama and Hillary are even although I think this is an Obama victory since he was way behind Hillary a few weeks ago. Republicans did their part by giving the nomination to an idiot. Any one of the three would do.

Wow, the US voting system is ridiculous.

Anyway, it looks like Obama and Hillary are even although I think this is an Obama victory since he was way behind Hillary a few weeks ago. Republicans did their part by giving the nomination to an idiot. Any one of the three would do.

Yep, Obama has the momentum, and is expected to win the next several primaries.