Steve Jobs - 2008 MacWorld Keynote

Steve Jobs announces

1) MacBook Air - the thinnest laptop computer in the world

2) ITunes Movie rentals, including HD, which can be streamed to your computer, ipod or tv

3) An upgraded Apple TV 2.0

4) New apps for the IPhone

5) Time Capsule - Hardrive with wireless capability (500gb & 1 Trogobyte)

You can watch Steve Job's entire presentation right tHERE

post-9-1200444095_thumb.jpg

ipod touch users have to pay for the updates. Really bad move

they will probably be forced to get them elsewhere. they did that to quicktime users awhile ago. apple should give free upgrades on everything, and they will get grief for not doing so

Saul Hansel at the NYTimes tech blog "Bits" says that "Video Podcasts (are the) The Sleeping Giant on AppleTV" and thyat they will eventually dwarf the paid downloads...

Read More

everyone agrees that Apple cannot deliver the same breakthrough products every single year. It was really hard to deliver something like the iPhone this year. The Air is not that good and Gizmodo shows five similar products. Dell is my favorite and I might just buy that sometime next month

post-32-1200520675_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't say that with Air. It doesn't offer anything new -in fact they offer even less- yet they sell it for $1800

I've never owned a laptop - I stick with desktops

As per normal with Mac, the Air is style over substance - but my god - what style!

*drools*

Hopefully it will put pressure on other companies to follow suit.

Method - my dad has just got the XPS M1330. Just be warned that the 9-cell battery sticks out of the back and ruins the aesthetics. Other than that, if you don't mind Vista, it is a really good job.

Compared to that clunky thing you currently own, it is a treat!

As per normal with Mac, the Air is style over substance - but my god - what style!

*drools*

Hopefully it will put pressure on other companies to follow suit.

Method - my dad has just got the XPS M1330. Just be warned that the 9-cell battery sticks out of the back and ruins the aesthetics. Other than that, if you don't mind Vista, it is a really good job.

Compared to that clunky thing you currently own, it is a treat!

I currently have a 2 year old thinkpad as my laptop. I wouldn't mind the battery thing. I am no businessman who takes it with him on planes and all that. I just need it for dj sets and video editing in several studios. The Air is slower compared to the others and also the optical drive is a must for me. I must admit that it is the best looking although Vaio has some cool designs as well.

It is still too early to drop the cd/dvd although it will eventually happen with high capacity flash drives. Also, we need more wifi hotspots outside of big cities or cheaper internet from mobile companies. When that happens, the dvd will die.