This Guy Lived An...Interesting...Life

DudeAsInCool

The UK Telegraph reports the demise of a count:

Count Gottfried von Bismarck, who was found dead on Monday aged 44, was a louche German aristocrat with a multi-faceted history as a pleasure-seeking heroin addict, hell-raising alcoholic, flamboyant waster and a reckless and extravagant host of homosexual orgies.

The great-great-grandson of Prince Otto, Germany's Iron Chancellor and architect of the modern German state, the young von Bismarck showed early promise as a brilliant scholar, but led an exotic life of gilded aimlessness that attracted the attention of the gossip columns from the moment he arrived in Oxford in 1983 and hosted a dinner at which the severed heads of two pigs were placed at either end of the table.

Read More

And there's more

they used the word 'louche' as if it's an every day word --- I LOVE IT! (and it is an everyday word, to some but not all).

too bad i'm not rich and famous; i can relate to a LOT about this dude. hahahahahahaha :lol:

The UK Telegraph reports the demise of a count:

The great-great-grandson of Prince Otto, Germany's Iron Chancellor and architect of the modern German state, the young von Bismarck showed early promise as a brilliant scholar, but led an exotic life of gilded aimlessness that attracted the attention of the gossip columns from the moment he arrived in Oxford in 1983 and hosted a dinner at which the severed heads of two pigs were placed at either end of the table.

i just noticed that 'exotic life of gilded aimlessness' bit --- hilarious!

i just noticed that 'exotic life of gilded aimlessness' bit --- hilarious!

:lol: that about sums it up for most of us, except for the dinner party bit

:lol: that about sums it up for most of us, except for the dinner party bit

HAHAHAHAHAHA, :lol: yeah, i was thinking of me (for a change); anyway, just remove the 'exotic' and 'gilded' and there i am...and you and you and you --- no, not youse, not the ones who have normal jobs and normal lives and families; in all truth, every now and then i envy people like that although i don't know that many (in meatspace) who fit that description. which all reminds me of Jung's quote: 'To be normal is the ideal aim of the unsuccessful'. guilty as charged, Dr Jung, :lol:

moving right along, ages ago when i lived in California, i was invited to a big party (freak-type thing on some dude's land up in --- shit, Dude, what's the name of the area/town right above SF where they have houseboats? damn what's left of my memory). anyway, they had a pig on a spit, slowly turning round and round above the flames. i was sickened by the sight, actually (and i have no compunctions about being a carnivore). at the same time i was busy being sickened, i was totally aware i'd be eating from same and actually enjoying it later on. and i did, once i got that image out of my head, once the pig was removed from our sight.

about those severed heads at table, if i walked in anywhere and saw that shit, i'd be outta there sooooo fast, the heads themselves would be spinning. :lol:

shit, Dude, what's the name of the area/town right above SF where they have houseboats?

Sausalito - Marin County?