Music site Last.fm bought by CBS

Social music site Last.fm has been bought by US media giant CBS Corporation for $280m (£140m), the largest-ever UK Web 2.0 acquisition.

The online network was founded in the UK five years ago and it now has more than 15 million active users.

more...

The Last.fm team stays put in London, we’ll grow the company some more here.

We will continue to execute our world domination plans – our focus is still music and the surrounding ecosystem.

The founders (myself included) are still at the helm.

We have more resources at our disposal now, and more clout when it comes to negotiating licensing deals etc.

OH NOES UR SELLIN MY SCROBBLES!!1!! — Don’t panic. The openness of our platform and our approach to privacy won’t change.

http://blog.last.fm/

We'll see. I listen to lastfm all day

We'll see. I listen to lastfm all day

You do? The cuts they stream are only 30 seconds, when Ive gone there

Got it. I played a little with this and Pandora when they first came out, but then moved on. It's much better now... but I'm not getting the print section...how do you upload that?

what print version?

im looking at the jpeg you posted and their are a couple pictures and a paragraph of description

that's what the player looks like. It has a little description with every song

mine doesnt and i was checking preferences etc...