iso

rainbowdemon

Is it possible to install software from an iso to an old Dell running 98SE? If so, how? I've tried everything I can think of. Before you say "get rid of 98", the iso is 2000 Pro. I have 2000 on a non-iso cd, but it keeps asking for another cd about halfway through the install.

It only has a 2 gig hdd, so XP is kind of out of the question.

If you're burning it just as an image file you wont be able to use it.... you need to burn CD from image so what you get on the CD is the actual stuff rather than an image of it...

I forget exactly how but in your burner program there should be an option to burn CD from iso or image file.

Maybe you've done that already in which case ignore this :lol:

If it's an image of a CD then it should... in theory fit on a CD. IF it's an image taken from a hard drive.... then it may be bigger than one CD. I don't think you can split it once it's done.

Could just be a duff iso in which case it'll never work.

extract the stuff you want to install from the iso image with iso buster/ magic iso or something like that..winrar will extract an iso file...so will izarc...http://www.izarc.org...an excellent FREEWARE file/iso compression app...With IZArc you can open CD image files like ISO, BIN, CDI and NRG....then burn the extracted files to a cd and run and install on the pc...should work...the only other way would be to get a dell w98 recovery disk (which is just windows 98 se with dell OEM data in the bios to recognise dell hardware and dell recovery software) and integrate the files you want to install with nlite or something like that...hope that helps mate...