BRITNEY plans DUET with MARILYN MONROE

Britney Spears is set to sing a duet with the late Marilyn Monroe.

The troubled star plans to boost her ailing career by performing with the movie icon - who died more than four decades ago - on a previously unreleased Marilyn song called Down Boy.

Lance Bass, 28, a former member of Britney's ex-lover Justin Timberlake's band *NSYNC, has reportedly secured the rights to the song and thinks it would be perfect for Britney.

A source told Britain's Daily Star newspaper: "Lance wants Britney to sing with Marilyn on the track, like Natalie Cole did on Unforgettable with her dad Nat King Cole."

Plans are already in place for the Toxic singer to don a platinum Marilyn-esque wig and dress like the glamour icon, when they shoot the video.

Screen and music goddess Marilyn died of an overdose aged 36 in 1962.

Despite being one of the most successful women of her generation, the star was believed to have battled numerous personal demons.

Mother-of-two Britney, 25, recently spent a month in rehab following a bout of excessive partying and worrying behaviour, which included shaving off her hair.

The singer is currently working on a new album planned for release in October and has been furiously exercising to regain her famously toned figure.

source:Bang! Showbiz

image:imgserv.ya.com:DOUBLE TROUBLE...BRITNEY SPEARS is hoping a duet with the late MARILYN MONROE will help cement her comeback.

post-193-1178843008_thumb.jpg

I can't think of anything I would hate to see or hear more. She sure is no Madonna and Marilyn outclasses her by far. I wish the best for that nutty broad, but I have absolutely no interest in her anymore. Well maybe some of her older pics are still hot. :)

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!

post-168-1179142459.jpg

Actually, Marilyn doesn't ever get credit for her voice, but it's actually pretty good. she stays in her range. Very sultry. I know this is out of season, but this is a great song that always finds its way onto any Christmas cd I burn:

Santa Baby

Edit*

As long as we're posting photos of Marilyn, here's my favorite:

Marilyn_Monroe.jpg

Edited by bear