Paris Hilton Sentenced To Jail For 45 Days

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge sentenced Paris Hilton to 45 days in Los Angeles County jail on Friday for violating her probation in a reckless driving case.

The heiress arrived at court 10 minutes late in the back of a black Cadillac Escalade and swept into the Metropolitan Courthouse with several men in suits, ignoring screams of photographers lining the route into a rear entrance. Her parents, Rick and Kathy Hilton, also came with her.

Wearing a gray jacket and white shirt over black slacks and with a black headband on, she said nothing and appeared serious.

Read More

post-9-1178321314_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..and here`s a good read for the little brat while she`s banged up...it`ll only cost her 25 cents or 2 cigarettes or a bar of chocolate...or a blowjob...:lol: :lol:

post-193-1178327044_thumb.jpg

Paris Hilton is not going down without a fight.

The day after she was sentenced to 45 days in the slammer for violating her probation by driving with a suspended license, Hilton walked outside her house and told a gaggle of camerapeople, "I told the truth yesterday. I feel that I was treated unfairly." Hilton called the sentence "both cruel and unwarranted" and added "I don't deserve this."

Read More

post-9-1178486564.jpg

What Paris Can Expect Behind Bars?

LOS ANGELES -- Paris Hilton better like chicken. The hotel heiress was sentenced Friday to 45 days at the Century Regional Detention Center, Los Angeles County's jailhouse for women just south of downtown in Lynwood.

Inmates get three low-sodium meals a day, with dinner the only hot meal. Beef and pork aren't permitted _ "it's all poultry-based," said Capt. Alice Scott, who oversees the 2,200-inmate facility she describes as "a very nice place."

Read More

"Breakfast is served between 6 a.m. and 7:30 a.m., hours when Hilton sometimes gets in after a night of partying." :lol:

post-9-1178515318.jpg

I agree with her. She should have gotten at least 6 months.

i agree with red agreeing with paris...bring back the cat o` nine tails i say... :lol: :lol:

this also disappoints me...the jail she will be in is "a very nice place."...

"I told the truth yesterday. I feel that I was treated unfairly." Hilton called the sentence "both cruel and unwarranted" and added "I don't deserve this."

Spoiled little biotch.

That "I don't deserve this" part gets me fired up.

Sobbing Paris faces 45 days in the slammer...

The endless party that is Paris Hilton's lifestyle was gatecrashed by the law as the socialite was sentenced to 45 days in prison for a parole violation.

The millionaire heiress to the Hilton hotel empire sobbed and wailed, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" after receiving her sentence at downtown Los Angeles' Metropolitan Court.

"I don't know what happened "I did what they said," she complained in a quivering voice after making the sign of the cross and putting her folded hands to her mouth.

Then the 26-year-old broke down, sobbing loudly as her socialite mum Kathy Hilton hugged and comforted her.

When a reporter asked the visibly angry mother after the hearing what she thought of the judge's decision, she responded: "What do you think? This is pathetic and disgusting, a waste of taxpayer money with all this nonsense. This is a joke."

Hilton's conviction came after she was caught driving on a suspended licence in February following a no-contest plea to drink-driving.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Sauer rejected Ms Hilton's lawyers' attempts to blame the illegality on her staff. In his sentencing of Hilton, the judge said: "There's no doubt she knew her licence had been suspended," ruling she was in violation of the terms of her probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.

"I'm very sorry and from now on I'm going to pay complete attention to everything. I'm sorry and I did not do it on purpose at all," Hilton told the judge before he announced the sentence.

She was ordered to report to a women's jail by the set date of June 5 or face 90 days behind bars. The ruling excluded her from paying to serve time in a jail of her choice, as some people are allowed.

Hilton pleaded no-contest in January to reckless driving stemming from a September 7 arrest in Hollywood. Police said she appeared intoxicated and failed a field sobriety test. She had a blood-alcohol level of .08 per cent, the level at which an adult driver is in violation of the law.

She was sentenced to 36 months probation, alcohol education and $1800 in fines. Two other traffic stops, and her failure to enrol in a mandated alcohol education program, are what landed the socialite back in court.

On January 15, Hilton was pulled over by California Highway Patrol. Officers informed her she was driving on a suspended licence and she signed a document acknowledging she was not to drive.

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies stopped Hilton again on February 27 and charged her with violating her probation. Police said she was pulled over after authorities saw the car speeding with its headlights off.

A copy of the document Hilton signed on January 15 was found in the car's glove compartment, court papers say. Hilton was also required to enrol in an alcohol education program by February 12. As of April 17, she had not enrolled, prosecutors said.

Hilton testified she believed her licence was initially suspended for 30 days and that she was allowed to drive for work purposes during the next 90 days.

Defence lawyer Howard Weitzman said he would appeal.

"I'm shocked, I'm surprised and really disheartened in the system that I've worked in for close to 40 years," Weitzman said. He said the sentence was "uncalled for, inappropriate and bordered on the ludicrous".

"I think she's singled out because of who she is," Weitzman said.

QUESTION:Does Paris Hilton deserve to spend 45 days in jail?

READER's FEEDBACK...

Paris has gotten exactly what she, and anyone else who breaks the law, deserves - prison. If she really didn't know she wasn't meant to be driving, then she needs to go to jail for being stupid anyway. Did they forget the fact that she got pulled over doing 40mph over the speed limit? My only critisicm of the sentence is that Paris is sure to find a way to make more money out of the situation and only enhance her faux celebrity status. When people start taking interest in their friends and family again rather than idolising silver spoon morons like Paris, then maybe this kind of "celebrity" will stop making the news ahead of real, newsworthy items.

-Leigh Clements

Paris Hilton is no different from you or the next person. She broke the law, she pays the price. Her mother is a joke by showing her outrage in court. Who do these people think they are? Maybe they need to go the grave yards at Christmas and see how many small Christmas tree are there for parents whose children have been killed by drivers just like her. Maybe she should hear the cries of a mother and father for their child killed by drunks. Bye, bye Paris. Serve your time and think.

-Kat

I think the sentence is appropriate. If you or I were caught doing that we'd get at least 45 days in jail also. Why should her heiress status change the offending she has done? She has been given all the good things in life, the higher society, money, and yet still does this sort of thing, thinking she is above the law that governs all. I think the guy from Saw should apply his movie motto to her, given everything and still does this kind of immature rubbish. It will send out a public message to impressionables whichever way it goes. Let's hope for the best.

-Adam P

Paris Hilton deserves her 45 days in jail. To say that she was given a heavier sentence because of who she is is completely untrue. Michelle Rodriguez (ex-star of Lost) was busted for the exact same misdemeanour as Paris was, and was given 60 days in jail. So Paris' sentence is much lighter than Michelle's. Michelle, however was released after two hours due to "overcrowding" in the cells, but it seems the judge has made sure thaat this will not be an option for Paris. Perhaps this will teach her that having money and fame does not make you above the law.

-Louise Blackstock

I think Paris Hilton needs to be put in jail for a lot longer than just 45 days. She probably won't even stay in that long. She needs to learn what the real world is really like and that rules apply to people like her too.

-El Josseppi

Dear Ms Hilton. Perhaps by now you have learnt some very valuable lessons. 1. The law and responsibility are not a big joke. 2. Money cannot always buy you out of trouble. 3. You cannot plead ignorance in a court of law. Good luck with the inmates, you'll need it.

-Jeanne Butler

I think it's good seeing Paris Hilton going into jail for a crime she has done. The people of Hollywood seem to get away with far too much these days - no wonder the world is what it is now. Hope she enjoys her time in jail.

-Tracy Robinson

Can Paris survive 45 days in jail? Let us hope not.

-Joel Gapes

Well boo hoo Paris. That's life in the real world and if you stuff up, you pay the price. Just because you are a spoilt brat whining "I don't deserve this" just makes it even more of a hoot for us normal folks who are, frankly, a little tired of all your celebrity antics. As for those who write in to support her, wake up and get a real life.

-David

Pish, let her do an episode of her crap show from jail. I'm sure her spin doctors will get some opportunity to make cash from this pink flamingo of a woman.

-P Cairns

Lock her up and throw away the key. She is no role model to anyone. Her mother should be ashamed of her antics.

-M Poipoi

No doubt her fame and fortune will mean Paris has a nice cell or room with all the latest gadgets making her prison stay more like a holiday retreat to help her find herself. Shame really because she's better off lost. She, like any other citizen in the US or elsewhere, should do her time irrespective of her status or how much money she has. Why don't they make her prison stay into a reality TV show showing what it's like for her in jail? There's bound to be some publicity and money in it. I say put her in jail and throw away the key.

-John Bray

It will be interesting to see how many episodes of a reality TV series they will be able to make from a 45-day sentence, and if there will be webcams in her cell.

-Graham Ralphs

Of course she will survive. She got what she deserved - too many celebrities think that they are above the law. You do the crime and pay the time. I wish we all had a publicist to blame to avoid accountability for our own actions.

-Heather D

Celebs should not expect to be treated any differently than anyone else. The laws of the country are there for a reason, Paris. Take some responsibility and start acting like an adult instead of making excuses and hoping your fame and fortune will get you off the hook.

-Sonja

Boo freakin' hoo Paris. The law applies to everyone, even the rich and famous! At least this might bring you down a peg or two ...

-Tracy

I think Paris' jail sentence is appropriate. Claiming ignorance is no defence. Just because she has so much money does not mean that she is above the law.

-Anna Puriri

Paris Hilton deserves to spend 45 days in jail for continuing to drink and drive and drive with a suspended licence. Anyone else in the US who continued to do this would face a similar punishment. Let's not forget that she could have killed someone whilst drinking and driving and just saying "no one told me" is not an acceptable excuse. If the rest of us could use that excuse it would be a lot easier to break the law.

-J Waters

I feel Paris' sentence is fair. Just because you have money it should not put you above the law. Any normal citizen might've got a longer sentence so she should thank her lucky stars - or millions.

-Sandy Robinson

Who cares? She can just book herself into therapy once she finishes her time - she has that luxury.

-Lesley Krosschell

I hope 45 days is long enough for Paris Hilton to reflect that she is long overdue to learn and behave responsibly. "To those that have much, much is expected." However, I wouldn't be suprised to see her turn it into a reality show. That would be sad ... too sad for words and yet again demonstrate her complete lack of integrity.

-Peter Crawford

Paris Hilton's punishment is definitely too harsh, but because of the public personality - and therefore the role model - that she chooses to be she needs to be made an example of to deter those people who look up to her from seeing her behaviour as acceptable or "cool".

-Kristi Palmer

Who knows if that is deserved or not? No where in any reporting I have seen does anybody provide stats on what a "normal" person would receive as a sentence. If that's the going rate fair enough, if not ...

-Trevor Boone

"I'm rich and famous, so rules don't apply to me". Wrong. I hoped they'd make an example of her and I'm pleased they did. Maybe now she'll learn some respect, but I'm betting she'll come up roses from the whole thing ... watch for "The Prison Life" next summer!

-Sam Hamilton

The previous comments seem to be a little spiteful in light of the situation. Are you attacking her for who she is as opposed to what she's done? Do you have issues that she's attractive, wealthy and famous? Yes I agree that she broke the law and should be reprimanded, but saying stuff like you know her and that she's a bad person, it seems more like a case of jealousy to me. Wouldn't your comments on someone breaking the law be better targeted at the hundreds of people in NZ that repeatedly commit violent crimes and get less than what she's been sentenced to?

-John Bond

I think that prison will do Paris good. I hope it teaches her how to live a structured life and that there are other things to do besides shop and party. If nothing else, I hope it shows her that she should take responsibility for herself instead of having her "people" take care of everything for her.

-Heather Thompson

Paris should be grateful that she can celebrate her new TV series by being able to have the time, inside jail, to watch it. Surely her cell mates will cheer her on?

-Derek Speirs

I can only hope it will show that if we do not obey the law we will just have to pay the price. We can do it the easy way or the hard way and Paris is going to see the hard way. I hope that it won't be to difficult for her - she seems like a good person in spite of her problems. I also hope that she will have in some way a positive influence on some one she meets there more so than now.

-Robert Chipps

post-193-1178543003_thumb.jpg

That kind of pissed me off too.

And her c*nt of a mother is even worse.

When a reporter asked the visibly angry mother after the hearing what she thought of the judge's decision, she responded: "What do you think? This is pathetic and disgusting, a waste of taxpayer money with all this nonsense. This is a joke."

And I don't even know what to say about this.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Sauer rejected Ms Hilton's lawyers' attempts to blame the illegality on her staff.

Hilton labels jail term 'cruel', FIRES PUBLICIST...

In her first public comments since a prison sentence, celebrity heiress and reality TV star Paris Hilton has described her 45-day jail term for a driving related offence as cruel and unwarranted.

Visibly shocked and tearful, Hilton was sentenced to 45 days in jail after a judge ruled she knowingly violated her probation on a previous traffic offence by driving without a valid license.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Sauer rejected the 26-year-old socialite's defence that she didn't realize her license was suspended and ordered her to report to a county detention facility on June 5.

"I told the truth," Hilton told photographers waiting outside her Los Angeles home on Saturday night.

"I feel that I was treated unfairly and that the sentence is both cruel and unwarranted. I don't deserve this."

Her lawyer, Howard Weitzman, has said he will appeal "to modify the sentence".

Hilton's mother Kathy voiced her anger at the ruling over the weekend. "This is pathetic and disgusting, a waste of taxpayers' money with this nonsense. It is a joke," she told Hollywood.com.

Hilton's fans began sending messages of support as news of the jail term spread. One fan, Joshua Capone, wrote to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger asking him to intervene and keep Hilton out of jail.

"She provides hope for young people all over the US and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives," Capone wrote in a letter to Schwarzenegger posted online on Hilton's Myspace page.

Hilton quickly responded on her Myspace page.

"I just want to thank Joshua so much for his kind words of love and support. God Bless. Love Paris."

At the hearing, the star of the reality TV show The Simple Life said she was unaware her driving privileges had been completely suspended when police stopped her for driving without headlights on February 27. They impounded her blue Bentley after discovering she was driving on a suspended license.

Hilton said her publicist had told her she was permitted to drive for work-related reasons after the first 30 days of her license suspension late last November, and she relied on that.

Hilton was sentenced in January to three years probation after pleading no contest – the equivalent of a guilty plea – to alcohol-related reckless driving last September.

JAIL BIRD: Paris Hilton has fired her publicist and labelled her 45-day jail sentence for driving while disqualified 'cruel' and 'unwarranted'...

post-193-1178544015_thumb.jpg

"I don't know what happened "I did what they said," she complained in a quivering voice after making the sign of the cross and putting her folded hands to her mouth.... :lol: :lol:

what a fuckwit...i wonder if she (paris) said that when she and her mate britney were out all nite in L.A banging all those toy boys and having their naked asses spread all across the internet...go figure... :lol: :lol:

Hilton's mother Kathy voiced her anger at the ruling over the weekend. "This is pathetic and disgusting, a waste of taxpayers' money with this nonsense. It is a joke," she told Hollywood.com.

No Bitch. You and Paris are the joke. The public needs to be safe from drunk drivers and bimbos driving around on suspended licenses with no lights on after dark. You may have money but money won't bring back the dead or heal the permanently disabled.

Hilton testified she believed her licence was initially suspended for 30 days and that she was allowed to drive for work purposes during the next 90 days.

Huh?

Edited by bear

I also don't understand why people with that kind of money are relying on their publicists for legal advice in the first place.

She sounds mentally disabled.

She probably paid some lawyer 100k to handle her drunk driving case and then asked her publicist about her license. :lol:

She is about a stupid bitch.

She probably asks her doctor about financial advice and her banker for fashion advice.

She asks everybody to give her a breast exam.......... :lol: