Zimmers - My Generation

Shawn

The oldest and greatest rock band in the world - meet The Zimmers and their amazing cover of The Who's "My Generation".

Lead singer Alf is 90 - it's quite something when he sings "I hope I die before I get old". And he's not the oldest - there are 99 and 100-year-olds in the band!

The Zimmers will feature in a BBC TV documentary being aired in May 2007. Documentary-maker Tim Samuels has been all over Britain recruiting isolated and lonely old people - those who can't leave their flats or who are stuck in rubbish care homes.

The finale of the show is this group of lonely old people coming together to stick it back to the society that's cast them aside - by forming a rock troupe and trying to storm into the pop charts.

Some massive names from the pop world have thrown their weight behind The Zimmers... The song is produced by Mike Hedges (U2, Dido, Cure), the video shot by Geoff Wonfor (Band Aid, Beatles Anthology), and it was recorded in the legendary Beatles studio 2 at Abbey Road.

Look out for the single being released from May 21 - with proceeds going to a good cause.

And check out more photos and info at:

www.myspace.com/thezimmersband

• 2 weeks later...

merge em if you like. it doesnt really matter there are 2 threads--the other one has an introduction and was posted as a download so aggregtors like el.bows could pick it up and spread the word