Don Imus dropped by MSNBC cable

Imus Now Off MSNBC, Also Being Investigated By FCC

POSTED: 2:49 pm EDT April 11, 2007

UPDATED: 6:29 pm EDT April 11, 2007

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- MNSBC has announced the cable network will no longer carry the Imus in the Morning radio show.

NBC News President Steve Capus released a statement.

"Over the course of the last week many of you have reached out to me and expressed your strong viewpoints on the Don Imus situation. I've had countless conversations, e-mail exchanges and phone calls with people throughout this company. I've heard you loud and clear. Therefore, we are announcing tonight that MSNBC will no longer simulcast the Imus radio program.

For the rest of the story click here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17999196/

post-25-1176331514.jpg

If Imus gets cut...these people who put out this garbage...should be cut tooo :mad:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04112007/news/...elle_malkin.htm

I'm NOT an Imus fan but I feel they're really taking this a bit too far ... and everyone's jumping on the bandwagon...geeezzzz... anything to get your name in the paper.

Have you ever heard the nonsense that Howard Stern has spewed...my Goodness. :skullbones:

I think the whole incident was overblown. I woundn't apologize to Al Sharpton. If I felt that Imus was truly a racist, or that he was being serious when he said what he said, then that would be one thing, but I don't think that was the case. He should apologize to the girls on the team.

They start throwing guys off the air like him, what about rappers, comics, etc, Howard Stern, etc

Seriously, I don't have a problem with the actual comment. People say idiotic things on tv and radio every day, no matter what the color of their skin. I just ignore them.

What bugs me is, I feel bad for the girls he singled out. These are good kids, in college, making something of themselves.

as far as stern goes, he was funny for 6 months in 1987. Then he was old. The thing is, though, there's always going to be 14 year old boys who think Stern is the coolest and wittiest guy on radio. When you're 14, naked boobies are awesome.

Edited by bear

Imus is a proven racist and bigot, just as many others on radio and TV are. I hope this is the beginning of a housecleaning, or at least enough of a slapdown that it tones down the other worst offenders, like Michael Savage, Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh.

Imus is a proven racist and bigot, just as many others on radio and TV are. I hope this is the beginning of a housecleaning, or at least enough of a slapdown that it tones down the other worst offenders, like Michael Savage, Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh.

Never watched the first two, and I can do without the last one--he should have been kicked out already because of his drug use

I came back to find the topic has a sub-heading - "racist comments".

O noes.... what are they saying in there?

I came back to find the topic has a sub-heading - "racist comments".

It's been on there since I created the thread. If calling a college women's basketball team "a bunch

of nappy-headed hos" isn't racist enough, I can probably find some worse ones in his past shows, such as in his Black Beatles parody.

The Rutgers University women's basketball team

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/columns/stor...&id=2830562

post-25-1176357461_thumb.jpg

Imus blazed the trail for shock jocks to follow

By Mike Celizic

TODAYshow.com contributor

Updated: 11:53 p.m. ET April 9, 2007

Don Imus is quoted as having said, "My goal is to goad people into saying something that ruins their life." It is not recorded whether he meant one of the people to be himself and the life his own.

But he’s certainly been true to his word. During a radio career that began in 1971 in his home state of California, Imus blazed the trail for shock jocks to follow, first with a string of irreverent characters who peopled his early shows and later with a barrage of misanthropic insults directed at just about everyone and everything on the planet.

more here:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/18029888/

i hope anal cunt coulter and toxic twat malkin are next. but mr limpet limbaugh is first on my list.

It's been on there since I created the thread. If calling a college women's basketball team "a bunch

of nappy-headed hos" isn't racist enough, I can probably find some worse ones in his past shows, such as in his Black Beatles parody.

The Rutgers University women's basketball team

My bad, I didn't see the sub-title when I first read it. When I read the title next and saw it, I thought it was an addition and in that light seemed to indicate we were saying the racist stuff.

Then I made the mistake of trying to make a joke. I only pray you can forgive me and we can all get on with our lives. What I did was wrong and I only hope the community can forgive me for my clearly insensitive remark and move past this.

The funny thing is, I'm not a racist. Some of my best friends frequent bulletin boards.

---

If that's out of the way...

Here

is a guy demanding Sharpton and Jackson step down for being overly PC arseholes that fail to make any positive difference for the Black community. He acknowledges that what Imus said was wrong/foolish/insensitive, but wonders how so much attention needs to be given to a 3rd line jockey when there are real issues facing Black people.

Had Imus' predictably poor attempt at humor not been turned into an international incident by the deluge of media coverage, 97 percent of America would've never known what Imus said. His platform isn't that large and it has zero penetration into the sports world.

Imus certainly doesn't resonate in the world frequented by college women. The insistence by these young women that they have been emotionally scarred by an old white man with no currency in their world is laughably dishonest.

CBS fires Don Imus from radio show

NEW YORK - CBS fired Don Imus from his radio program Thursday, the finale to a stunning fall for one of the nation’s most prominent broadcasters.

Imus initially was given a two-week suspension for calling the Rutgers women’s basketball team “nappy-headed hos” on the air last week, but outrage continued to grow and advertisers bolted from his CBS radio show and its MSNBC simulcast.

More here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18072804/

Here[/url]

is a guy demanding Sharpton and Jackson step down for being overly PC arseholes that fail to make any positive difference for the Black community. He acknowledges that what Imus said was wrong/foolish/insensitive, but wonders how so much attention needs to be given to a 3rd line jockey when there are real issues facing Black people.

I don't buy that Imus is a 3rd line radio personality. His demographics are huge in the coveted 25-54 age group that advertisers madly chase. That's why the most prominent politicians, athletes, writers and pundits appear on his show daily. If they have something to sell, whether it's a book, a movie or even themselves, Imus is a must-stop place to do business.

I also think Mr. Whitlock misses on his point that Old Man Imus has no bearing on the lives of the Rutgers basketball players. The fact that Imus has such a large media audience has insured that his offensive remarks are replayed over and over on news shows...every time the women turn on the radio or TV they hear themselves called tattooed, nappy-headed hos, and the fact that they played a noble championship game or that they have rich, fulfilling academic or family lives is forgotten.

• 3 weeks later...

Lawyer: Imus to sue for nearly $40M

NEW YORK - Disgraced radio host Don Imus will sue CBS Radio for the huge portion of his $40 million contract that was left unpaid after he was fired for racist and sexist comments, his attorney said Thursday.

Martin Garbus, a First Amendment attorney, said he plans to file the breach of contract lawsuit by the end of next week.

Imus, 66, was barely three months into the five-year deal with CBS when he was dismissed April 12 after describing the Rutgers women's basketball team as "nappy-headed hos" on his nationally syndicated radio program.

Read entire story here.