'Fifth Beatle' Wants To Reunite With McCartney

petebest.jpgThe Beatles’ original drummer Pete Best has invited Sir Paul McCartney to break his 40 years of silence and get in touch.

Best was famously sacked in favour of Ringo Starr just before the Fab Four hit the big time, but the 65-year-old says he’d like to finally speak to Paul again for the first time since he was booted out of the band.

He explains to the Mail, “We're not getting any younger. We know what we've done and we're not going to think any worse of each other if we had a chat now. God bless us all: it was all 40-odd years ago."

LOL, the Ox. :lol:

then neither am i (and i knew that already). when i first read the post title, i thought Brian Epstein's still alive? who knew? :lol: i think they called Murray the K (NYC DJ way back when) the 5th beatle as well.

then neither am i (and i knew that already). when i first read the post title, i thought Brian Epstein's still alive? who knew? :lol: i think they called Murray the K (NYC DJ way back when) the 5th beatle as well.

The fifth Beatle in the early days was Stuart Sutcliffe; towards the end it was Billy Preston. George Martin could lay claim to the title as well

I know we have some Beatle haters here...your loss :lol:

No...our agony is more accurate.

Revolver and Abbey Road are near perfect recordings, and you havent listened to them, so how would you know?

I dig the Beatles.

Hello Goodbye, Penny Lane, Blackbird, Rocky Racoon. Good stuff.

And I agree about their later stuff. It was experimental, as was their drug usage at the time. Very creative stuff done in the studio later in their career.

Sure, at first, they were a grutiars and bass and drums band. But if you listen to their later efforts (i.e., Abbey Road, The White Album, Magical Mystery Tour, Sgt. Pepper), they went everywhere with their music.

Glockenspiels, violins, cellos, trombones, timpani, fench horns, congas, tambouras, accordians, piccolos, flutes, flugewlhorns, just to name a few.

they we're lazy when it came to thier music.

Here's a great site I found, detailing their studio sessions:

Beatles in the Studio

Edited by bear

Revolver and Abbey Road are near perfect recordings, and you havent listened to them, so how would you know?

i've heard them all, many many times. all i can say is from lebowski: 'that's just your opinion, man.' :lol:

Agreed, SG.

And how can one label "perfection" for all? We'll just agree to disagree.

Damn, I was hopin' for a real online war :lol:

Gorge Bush the 43rd likes the Beatles, so that settles that argument...the Decider has ruled in favor of Dude's argument. Next case....

Don't put that guy's name in the same sentence as mine, please

Damn, I was hopin' for a real online war :lol:

nah, they're not worth it AFAIC.

Gorge Bush the 43rd likes the Beatles, so that settles that argument...the Decider has ruled in favor of Dude's argument. Next case....

:lol::lol: :lol: