03.15 - DC - Buzzlife presents Hybrid LIVE!

breaksguy

cool. what part of LA?

Midtown, Hancock Park/Larchomont area, which is south of Hollywood, slightly East of the Miracle Mile (Pictures here) Post highlights from your neighborhood...

just out of curiosity how safe is the area (i'm pretty familiar with l.a. and i know a lot of it can be hit or miss). what is the average rent in that area?

thanks!

Hmmm...definitely safe - Hancock Park is old money, movie stars live there.

It depends on what you are looking for, or if you are sharing. A one bedroom might cost $1500/mo. Singles slightly lower--$1000-›1150. But there is always deals if you take your time. Hipsters have recently moved in to the Miracle Mile. Anything south of wilshire is cheaper.

What would you have in mind? Tell me the price range and what you want in the location and I can tell you where the deals are...

Hmmm...definitely safe - Hancock Park is old money, movie stars live there.

It depends on what you are looking for, or if you are sharing. A one bedroom might cost $1500/mo. Singles slightly lower--$1000-›1150. But there is always deals if you take your time. Hipsters have recently moved in to the Miracle Mile. Anything south of wilshire is cheaper.

What would you have in mind? Tell me the price range and what you want in the location and I can tell you where the deals are...

right now moving out to l.a. is just a pipe dream. don't have the loot, and i have a job i love here in dc working for energie's shop in georgetown (italian clothing retailer -- see www.energie.it). they have a store on melrose, one in santa monica, one in topanga -- i could transfer, although the company has such a small presence in america, they kind of frown on transferring at this point).

thanks for the help tho. you never know when i may just decide to go out there. love coastal l.a. (everything west of the 405)...

My sister used to live on 28th and Q--then she lived near American U. I lived in Georgetown for a summer on campus. It was fun--hot and muggy--but fun

My sister used to live on 28th and Q--then she lived near American U. I lived in Georgetown for a summer on campus. It was fun--hot and muggy--but fun

what year were you at g'town? i graduated with a BA in history from there.

yeah hot and muggy is typical for the east coast. which is why i love coastal cali weather so much...

what year were you at g'town? i graduated with a BA in history from there.

yeah hot and muggy is typical for the east coast. which is why i love coastal cali weather so much...

it was in the 80s :o i know a lot of military brats in high school, were always relocated to the dc area so it was a hangout for awhile. go and ahead and repost your back on topic post...and i can delete the earlier one

hybrid has been around since about 1998. Peter, Andy & Tom started playing the four-track home-recording stuff tom had been recording since the early nineties. Peter & Andy have a long track record playing in such brilliant local bands as "The Tlexybles" and "Amazing Discoveries". Finding bass players is a real problem around here, but after some come and go, Dieter joined in late 2001.

We are hybrids – our music cannot be categorized (had to be said), except perhaps as occasionally off key or time. we’re doing "Guided by Voices"-Covers, Pixies hommages, plain old high speed punk, and an occasional 60’s kind a thing. as long as were having fun … just lis

post-9-1173417867_thumb.jpg

i was at g'town from '89 - '93 when i graduated. where did you live on campus?

it was in the 80s :o i know a lot of military brats in high school, were always relocated to the dc area so it was a hangout for awhile. go and ahead and repost your back on topic post...and i can delete the earlier one

hybrid has been around since about 1998. Peter, Andy & Tom started playing the four-track home-recording stuff tom had been recording since the early nineties. Peter & Andy have a long track record playing in such brilliant local bands as "The Tlexybles" and "Amazing Discoveries". Finding bass players is a real problem around here, but after some come and go, Dieter joined in late 2001.

We are hybrids – our music cannot be categorized (had to be said), except perhaps as occasionally off key or time. we’re doing "Guided by Voices"-Covers, Pixies hommages, plain old high speed punk, and an occasional 60’s kind a thing. as long as were having fun … just lis

i was at g'town from '89 - '93 when i graduated. where did you live on campus?

they were on-campus student apartments. i remember the tennis courts and track being north of us... i joined at the last moment, but somehow ended up in the organizer's apartment--which were probably the best of the lot for ucla students