NPR: Songs For The Dumped

DudeAsInCool

NPR takes a skewed view of Valentine's day, with a show dedicated to break ups. With a track list that includes Roy Orbison, Patsy Cline, Janis Joplin, Harry Nilsson, Johnny Cash, Alanis Morisette and the J. Geils Band, who needs a lover? :) "This Valentine's Eve, let us take a moment for those among us who are without love, or unhappy in love. Let us appreciate those who have been crushed by some two-timing, cold-hearted, no-good jerk — for we all know that it's in the sweet and terrible state of heartbreak that creative juices really start to flow." Listen Here

post-9-1171485110.jpg

a good old blues track about cigarettes and alcohol is good enough for me

How's this?

Well I moved back to Austin to try to make a living

But it ain't been so easy with those hill country women

And i'm stuck inside of this 8x12 room

And my throat's a scratchin' from the cigarettes and booze

And my face in wrinklin' and my mind's a strayin'

And I get on my knees and I get to prayin'

But my hands are worn like the soles of my shoes

And the Lord only knows I'm just fightin' the Nashville Blues

when I -or you- listen to a foreign song then the lyrics don't matter that much. I just like the sound of a good blues song and especially when the guitar cries. My favorite love or break up song? 'Thrill is Gone' by his majesty BB King!

when I -or you- listen to a foreign song then the lyrics don't matter that much. I just like the sound of a good blues song and especially when the guitar cries. My favorite love or break up song? 'Thrill is Gone' by his majesty BB King!

Jesus, you're picky...

First you ask for blues, cigs and booze and I deliver. Now you want BB King and 'Thrill Is Gone'