Video Piece On The World's Most Important 6 Second Drum Beat

DudeAsInCool

Interesting 17 minutes.

My 45 of Color Him Father in not backed with Amen Brother. I bought it in the early 70's as an oldie re-release and it is backed with Love Of The Common People which was their minor hit reaching #54 on the Billboard Top 100 charts. Color Him Father may have won them a Grammy but it only reached #7 on the charts (Billboard top 100). I'm sure it did better on the soul charts.

I also have the original Color Him Father album. Amen Brother is on the album but alas Love Of The Common People is not. I bought the album a few yrs back off of Ebay. The seller put the album between 2 pieces of cardboard that were cut barely larger than the album folder and then taped all four sides. The mailman (actually a blonde woman) folded the package into a U shape and stuffed it into my mailbox. Amazingly, the album was fine after I left it under a stack of stuff for weeks and pressed it back into shape. It turned out perfect. No waves at all. I still can't believe it. The folder split on all 3 sides however. It seems you just can't mangle 35 yr old paper/cardboard type material and expect it to stay together.

The mailwoman's picture can now be viewed in most states at your local grocery store. Her photo is located on the milk cartons.

Nice find, Dude. :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now