Now THIS Is Rock & Roll

DudeAsInCool

i have the film...even before Alabama 3 came along, it bored the shit outta me apart from the jerking off into the swimming pool and the drugs bits. i don't think i ever watched the entire thing (and this is when i thought the stones were godz).

i have the film...even before Alabama 3 came along, it bored the shit outta me apart from the jerking off into the swimming pool and the drugs bits. i don't think i ever watched the entire thing (and this is when i thought the stones were godz).

I saw it in LA, met Pauline Kael. It's not quite as good as say "gimme shelter", but it was an authentic look at what it was like to tour with the band at the time...which, for all the glitter surrounding them, may have been boring

nice one dude..red hot and cookiing....ah yes....the good old days of rock excess.....don`t forget led zeppelin did it too, .... :) :)

Continental Hyatt House is a 262-room hotel located at 8401 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California (at Kings Road). It is currently known as the Hyatt West Hollywood.

It opened in 1958 as the Gene Autry Hotel. Sold in 1966, it was renamed the Continental Hyatt House.

In the late 1960s and 1970s the hotel became the preferred accommodation in Los Angles for travelling bands, due largely to its close proximity to popular clubs such as the Whisky a Go Go. It was during this time that it was given the nickname Riot House on account of the wild antics carried out by band members there, most notably those of English rock groups such as Led Zeppelin, The Who and the Rolling Stones.

* Led Zeppelin rented as many as six floors of the hotel in the mid-to-late 1970s for the band members and entourage. Drummer John Bonham was reported to have driven a motorcycle along the hallways.

* Room 1015 bears the distinction of being where Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards dropped a TV out the window. The Who's Keith Moon was also reported to had dropped a TV out of one of the hotel's windows.

* Scenes in the film Almost Famous which depict the hotel were filmed at the actual hotel. Parts of the hotel were refurbished with exactly the same decor as existed there in the 1970s.

* The scene from Almost Famous in which Russell Hammond cries out, "I am a Golden God!" is a reference to Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant who allegedly said the same thing while looking over Sunset Strip from one of the hotel's balconies in 1975.

* The end-of-tour party scene in the film This is Spinal Tap was filmed on the roof of the hotel.

* Little Richard lived at the hotel through much of the 1980s and 1990s

* Jim Morrison lived there until he was reportedly evicted by management for hanging out a window by his fingertips, dangling over the pavement....

post-193-1161551743_thumb.jpg