California Girls - The Beach Boys

DudeAsInCool

Here is a classic video from the Jack Benny Show featuring The Beach Boys performing California Girls live. Gotta love the campy 60s beach set and hipsters. Courtesy of Youtube.

I have found some real gems on youtube.

that wasn't one of them. :lol:

Actually I like watching the ancient clips from eons ago of the groups or artists that were popular back then. I watched several Dusty Springfield clips on Youtube recently. I saw a clip from 1960 the other day with Koop in the background. He was easy to spot since he was the only very old guy and was wearing a "vote for Nixon" t-shirt. :lol:

I have found some real gems on youtube.

that wasn't one of them. :lol:

Actually I like watching the ancient clips from eons ago of the groups or artists that were popular back then. I watched several Dusty Springfield clips on Youtube recently. I saw a clip from 1960 the other day with Koop in the background. He was easy to spot since he was the only very old guy and was wearing a "vote for Nixon" t-shirt. :lol:

Were you the guy with the Wallace Pin next to him? :lol:

dusty springfield was choice mate....a great artist...."i just don`t know what to do with myself" still sends chills down my spine when she hits the high notes.....what a voice!!

..and the springfield`s "silver threads and golden needles" mate...a bloody beauty!!.. :thumbsup:

some interesting info i didn`t know about dusty springfield..... :) :)

"Springfield's huge UK success led to her starring in her own BBC television series, Dusty (1966-7), followed by an ITV series "It Must Be Dusty" in 1968. She returned to the BBC for her final series "Definitely Dusty" in 1969. Her shows featured many leading stars of the day as guests. One of the most memorable was Jimi Hendrix, who appeared in a duet with Springfield on the song "Mockingbird". (The master videotape of this memorable appearance was later erased, although a brief fragment of Hendrix's performance on the show, filmed directly off the TV screen by a fan, has survived.)..

this clip is available out there...just google...Jimi Hendrix - Dusty Springfield Show - 1968-04-05

post-193-1157966645_thumb.jpg