Trees Lounge - 50 State Review

DudeAsInCool

Since he left off at Kentucky and Minnesota, the ever eloquent Robert at Trees Lounge continues his 50 state odyssey. He's been busy over the last week and has compiled an assortment of delicious mp3s celebrating the statehood's and pop culture of Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas...and probably a few other states in between.

Feast away here:

Trees_Lounge

Below is the sampling from California, just to wet your appetite :)

# Billy Bragg and Wilco - California Stars

# [listen] Low - California

# [listen] 2Pac and Dr Dre - California Love

# [listen] The Decemberists - Los Angeles, I'm Yours

# [listen] Arctic Monkeys - Fake Tales of San Francisco

# [listen] Tom Waits - California Here I Come

# [listen] Beulah - Gene Autry

# [listen] Arlo Guthrie - Coming into Los Angeles

# [listen] Neko Case - In California

# [listen] Mason Jennings - California Pt 2

# [listen] The Magnetic Fields - Come Back from San Francisco

# [listen] Elliott Smith - Angeles

# [listen] Death Cab for Cutie - Gridlock Caravans

# [listen] Death Cab for Cutie - Why You'd Want to Live Here

# [listen] Atmosphere - Los Angeles

# [listen] Gypsy Kings - Hotel California

# [listen] Led Zeppelin - Going to California

# [listen] Bad Religion - Los Angeles is Burning

# [listen] Dead Kennedys - California Uber Alles

# [listen] Frank Black - Los Angeles

# [listen] John Lennon - San Francisco Bay Blues

# [listen] Kings of Leon - California Waiting

# [listen] Mamas and the Papas - California Dreamin'

# [listen] Roy Orbison - California Blue

# [listen] Rufus Wainwright - California

# [listen] Ryan Adams - My California Love

# [listen] Ryan Adams - California

Ahhh I thoroughly enjoyed this before, so I'm gonna post it here....

Minnesota, besides my endless adoration you have also supplied this great country with such things as The Mall of America, Masking and Scotch Tapes, wheaties, bisquick, HMOs, the bundt pan, Aveda, Green Giant, oldest continuously running theater, largest dinner theater, the worlds largest pelican statue, the countrys largest urban sculpture garden, the largest regional playhouse in the country, the skyway system, more golfers per capita than anywhere else, the Metrodome (only facility to ever hold a super bowl, world series, and NCAA final four), more shoreline than California, Florida, and Hawaii combined, first heart transplant and first bone marrow transplant in the US, lutefisk, the Mayo clinic, worlds largest ball of twine, the stapler, the first climate controlled mall, water skiing, worlds first childrens library, the automatic toaster, Rollerblades, armored cars, Tonka Trucks, Hormel Chili, SPAM, super computers, Milky Way, Snickers, and 3 Musketeers candy bars, more boats per capita than anywhere else, Greyhound Bus Lines, the snowmobile, rice cakes, Bob Dylan, F Scott Fitzgerald, Judy Garland, Garrison Keillor, Jessica Lange, Sinclaire Lewis, John Madden, Roger Maris, Eugene McCarthy, Walter Mondale, Jane Russell, Winona Ryder, Charles Shultz, Kevin Sorbo, and who could forget Jesse Ventura and Prince.

I always thought this was Tree's Lounge...

Im sure that was the inspiration - good find - how is the rest of the movie?

Im sure that was the inspiration - good find - how is the rest of the movie?

i give it :thumbsup::thumbsup: I think it might have been Steve Buscemi's directorial debut.

That tune "Tree's Lounge" used to be like song #3 on my default top 100 alt/rock winamp playlist like 10 years ago, after I watched the movie on IFC. Had kind of forgotten about it til I read your Tree's Lounge post, lol. The singer/songwriter of that video, Hayden, (aka Paul Hayden Desser) is kind of lo-fi grunge/alternative country-ish. Not bad either, really. :thumbsup: