Red state backlash hurts Chicks' tour

Country music trio the Dixie Chicks, still taking heat for criticizing U.S. President George W. Bush, are weathering sluggish ticket sales in several cities for their upcoming U.S. tour, industry watchers reported on Thursday.

While early ticket purchases for their first major tour in three years are generally robust in Northeastern cities, initial sales have fallen short of expectations in numerous markets, especially in the Midwest and South, forcing some dates to be scrubbed.

more here........

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/0...reut/index.html

post-193-1149894917.jpg

post-193-1149895009.gif

Dixie Chicks no strangers to controversy.....

One morning three years ago, the Dixie Chicks woke to find they were no longer sweethearts of the rodeo. Overnight, they had become America's most political group.

And, in the eyes of many, these sexy, musically skilled Texas gals, were the new public enemy number one.

more......

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.c...jectid=10385833

post-193-1149908232.jpg

Can't say as I have anything of theirs either.

I don't see a lot of talent there.

Shawn, I know you're a hard-core classic country fan, liking the old-time folks like Webb Pierce, Ernest Tubb, Kitty Wells, etc. But saying that the Chicks don't have talent is being far too dismissive of modern country music and the spin-offs artists who are forging amalgamations of musical genres. The Chicks fall solidly in that camp. Their sound is clearly country-based owing to the musical sisters who are original group members, and the lead singer is the daughter of a famous steel guitar player...their sound is very much modern country music.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&t...1b861v0jzzza~T1

when i look at the dixie chicks i see a very talented , good-looking, handsome, good-looking bunch of women....did i mention good-looking??....they are gorgeous and talented..and..and... :wub: :)

post-193-1150094131_thumb.jpg

Liberals taste like shit and the aftertaste lasts for days. :lol:

well mate..all i can say is that if Republicans are going to give a collective blowjob to every liberal in the USA the aftertaste is bound to hang around for a while... :)

...this on the AOL live sessions page for the DIXIE CHICKS.....

"We're sorry! The Web page you are looking for could not be found.

Please check the address and try again, use the site map or AOL Directory below, or use AOL Search to find what you want. You may also go directly to the AOL Main Page."

every other live session i tried for every other artist listed worked......go figure..... :huh:

http://music.aol.com/archive/main.adp?category=sessions

post-193-1150756005_thumb.jpg

:D (afterthought) I don't care to much for country, but I kind of like the Dixie Chicks :D

ditto mate....i ain`t much of a country fan either but i like their style....ballsy... :) :thumbsup: